Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Creating a RSR Rep - cost?

Dave0280

Hi all - first post here as i have the opportunity to buy a mint 1980 SC which i'd love to transform into an RSR rep. I'm unsure as to the cost of this though - any ballpark figures. I'm not looking for a 100% rep, I think you'll all tell me i'm mad as i'm just thinkiong along the lines of ducktail, rear bumper, new front end (wings, bonnet, lights) and decals..... Not going to touch the interior and it already has colour coded Fuchs. Be gentle on a newbie - thanks in advance.
Dave

Hi Dave, its a difficult one to price. I've just done similar and i've esily spent the value of the car again - and some.

The body parts aren't overly expensive, its the prep time and finishing that really costs a fortune. Then you have the little bits and fixings that soon add up.

It took me 5 months working odd evenings and rare weekends, mostly with the car off road so dont assume you can drive it in between mods.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further/detail

Could we see some pics of the project please? :thumbs:

i know where there is a nice one for sale.

I have pics which I will upload.....

Lovely!

IMG00060-20100625-1713.jpg

TwinT said:

Look v nice, but only a part reveal!! Have you got more to post on this.

Also is that an RSR body as the fronts looks a bit standard from that angle.

I think Dave H in Herts still has his RSR rep for sale, that is a fast bit of kit as well. Is on GT Classics web,pic attached.
Lot of car for the money!

Attachments

• green_rsr_761.jpg
    green_rsr_761.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 9,615
TwinT said:

Look v nice, but only a part reveal!! Have you got more to post on this.

Also is that an RSR body as the fronts looks a bit standard from that angle.

I think Dave H in Herts still has his RSR rep for sale, that is a fast bit of kit as well. Is on GT Classics web,pic attached.
Lot of car for the money!

Attachments

• green_rsr_146.jpg
    green_rsr_146.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 9,051

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back