Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

White oil smoke from 2000 Boxster 2.7

F5ggy

Hi All,
My money pit is giving me cause for concern once again. Having been in the dealers for a new tiptronic transmission in April aftre eating its previous one, it was given a major service 10 days ago and has since been giving out little puffs of smoke on start up. After the service mechanic told me it had been given some kind of engine treatment I thought maybe it was that being burnt and would stop soon, but its actually got worse and I am now quite concerned. The smoke is now a great cloud and definitely smells of burning oil and to make matters worse it doesn't just happen on start up but also now when driving and putting your foot down! I have been back to the dealer today and they gave it a diagnosis but couldn't find a fault although they recognised the smoke (I was told it shouldn't be a problem, but to keep an eye on the oil level!!). I noticed on the previous service notes prior to my ownership that the oil separator was changed and have heard that this sometimes causes such a problem, but can't find the definitive answer anywhere. Help me please, I can't afford to keep throwing money at this car, no matter how much I love her!!!

F5ggy said:
After the service mechanic told me it had been given some kind of engine treatment I thought maybe it was that being burnt and would stop soon

Slightly concerning, what have they been adding?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back