Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Warranty confusion

amr79

I took my 2004 C4s to an Indi for regassing the air con system. Everything was fine for 3 weeks but I could notice the air con gradually becoming less efficient. The car is under the OPC warranty (its has been all its life), so I took it in for Porsche to investigate the source of the leak.

Luckily the indi had already added some dye into the gas making it fairly easy to detect the leaking component. After an hour I was kindly taken into the workshop by the mechanic, my car was lifted up on a hydraulic ramp. The underside protection guards had been removed by the mechanic. Looking up from underneath I could see two aluminium (or maybe stainless) pipes returning from the front rads running from front to rear on the drivers side. Approximately under the passenger foot well these pipes were fixed to rectangular flanges which mated with another flange connected to another set of pipes which ran up into the engine bay. My leak was found to be on the pipe to flange connection on the none engine side. There were no signs of leaks between the two flanges. Both pipes were protected by the underside covers and showed no signs of road damage.

The mechanic claimed that I should change the entire run of pipe from the radiators to the engine which would involve dropping the engine, he was sure all work would be covered by the warranty. Back at the service desk they consulted their warranty guru in the next office, 'not covered' was the immediate reply, I was then handed a quotation for £1700. This guru reckoned only the compressor was covered. Now I knew this was not the case so I stood my ground and asked them to put the car back together.

Next day I phoned a Porsche another dealership, they have assisted me in the past when I worked in Herts. After a brief explanation they knew exactly the type of fault I had. According to them, the new bumper to bumper warranty covered all parts of the a/c (except gasses and fluids) providing there was no physical road damage. If I took the car to them (220 miles away) they would carryout all the work under warranty.

I went back to my local OPC and repeated what the other dealership had said. A few hours later they phoned back and said there was a 95% certainty that my car would be covered, but they will have to send photo's to Porsche GB to be sure.

My car has now been repaired and I am glad to say it was all done under warranty.

It makes you wonder how many owners have paid for work which should have been covered by the warranty in the first place.
:?:

amr79 said:
It makes you wonder how many owners have paid for work which should have been covered by the warranty in the first place.
:?:

now that is the question :frustrated:

amr79, good to hear you got it sorted via another opc, but this shouldn't happen in the 1st place

It makes me mad reading this and really shouldn't happen, you just dont expect it to happen with a manufacturer like Porsche.

Why does the OPC have this attitude you describe? I have experienced the same myself where one OPC has said 'warranty work' and another has said 'not covered'.

As long as Porsche GB OK the work before hand, the OPC will get paid, so why dont they try harder for us.

Well done for getting it sorted though.

Don't get me started on this shite - I'm afraid after 7 years of prosche ownership, various visits to various OPC's - they all provide conflicting information and support. It's a poor, poor shout.

I now go to GT-One in Chertsey. Hang the warranty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back