Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brilliant Boxster Spyder

RedRob

Trainee
Hi

I borrowed the OPC Guildford Spyder for the day today and put 200 miles under it's belt across all sorts of roads and experienced some inclement weather. I loved it? The steering and gear change compared to my 997 C2S (2005) are in a different league and the sound from the exhaust was to die for. The look of the car was the first thing to attract my attention when I saw it in a magazine and the look and design of the roof took me back to my days driving around in my old Caterham and Lotus Elise over ten years ago. Compared to my 997 this is a prpoer sports car although not for every day use. I am tempted to chop my 997 for one? Am I mad or has anybody else been bitten.

i took it out that very car last Saturday, but only for a short run, maybe 40miles.

Out of interest, had they solved the problem with wind-noise coming in on the drivers side where the window meets the rubber seal on the inner edge of the roof fabric?

i'm trying not to think about that car, its almost too desirable.

out of interest, if you went for it, which options would you go for? their demo car is in a really nice spec, but i'd be keen on PDK / flappy paddles so the Mrs could use it in auto-mode. I see you can even add the light weight lithium battery from the GT3 RS, at a mere ~£1200 !!!

tim

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back