Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster Spyder - yes please!

tim993

Zandvoort
I spent a pleasant half hour in the local OPC this morning and I must say what a good experience it was. Knowledgeable and polite reception girls (or to be technical - a girl and a lady) and eye-wateringly nice cars in and around the showroom.

I sat in the new Boxster Spyder and now find myself thinking longingly about what it would be like to own one. It really is a thing of beauty in overall concept and look and close up in the details. For example the carbon backed seats, with their latticed alloy attachment to the runners. All the controls are perfectly positioned as well. What made me really think lustful thoughts though was watching one being driven out of the showroom by it's new owner. They sound as good as they look even at walking pace...

I even found myself wanting a Panamera :oops:

now if i chopped in the TT and the .R ... :?:

Love the look of the new Boxster Spyder in the promo vids :worship:

Although not seen 1 in the metal yet but can't see it being ugly :dont know:

adamw said:

I can honestly tell you they are even better in the flesh. The two i saw today were both white with black graphics / interior. Guildford's showroom car has had loads of optiosn ticked as well, so even though its an essentially spartan machine, there can be leather and toys among the white painted panels and carbon what-nots. The door pulls are also little red woven nylon loops (very RS-esque) - though they are actually just the catch releases, there are still regular handles to close the doors.

The nice folk gave me a little white hardback brochure to take away as well... :mrgreen:

tim993 said:
adamw said:

I can honestly tell you they are even better in the flesh. The two i saw today were both white with black graphics / interior. Guildford's showroom car has had loads of optiosn ticked as well, so even though its an essentially spartan machine, there can be leather and toys among the white painted panels and carbon what-nots. The door pulls are also little red woven nylon loops (very RS-esque) - though they are actually just the catch releases, there are still regular handles to close the doors.

The nice folk gave me a little white hardback brochure to take away as well... :mrgreen:

Sounds like yr interested :grin:

OPC Hatfield last Friday:

Attachments

• spyder_large_163.jpg
    spyder_large_163.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 3,778
They're fantastic cars!

Attachments

• 099_720.jpg
    099_720.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 3,733
  • 084_132.jpg
    084_132.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 3,733
  • 007_2_903.jpg
    007_2_903.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 3,733
  • 009_200.jpg
    009_200.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 3,733
Seen one in an OPC and one on the road in the Lakes, have to say though in the OPC the car was crowded round and I thought it was just people looking at it but then I noticed it was the sales staff trying to figure the roof out.

Looks fabulous with the roof down and interior great but the roof is a hassle, if I was looking for a 2nd car for the summer then definitely right at the top of the list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back