Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cold weather - Not locking

action99

This morning was -10.5°C in Aberdeenshire, once I eventually got the door open, the drivers window working and the ice off the inside I made my way to work. When I got here I tried to lock the car and it just beeped at me as if a door was open...both doors are closed properly, the boot and front lid are both closed but it wont lock, even doing it the old fashioned way with the key!!

RE Ice inside...I got the door membranes replaced and it feels bone dry - yet in this constant cold weather everytime I use the car it steams up with condensation after its parked overnight......really frustrating every morning. Left in my drive at night.

Any advice?

It may sound obvious but all I can think of is always run with the air con on whatever the time of year. That will keep the humidity content down to a minimum. Have you tried WD40ing the door locks?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back