Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Badge Change

Pliers

I'm thinking of changing the Carrera 4s badge to a 911. With careful removal would it be possible to re-use the badge?

Firsrtly dont do it... it will make it look like its been messed about with. 2)they are self adhesive and when I removed my old broken carrera badge quite a bit of the glue was left on the car so I expext it would be hard to replace. Although I doubt bodyshops put new badges on each time they paint a rear

Pliers said:
With careful removal would it be possible to re-use the badge?

They're only plastic and can break easily but not that expensive to buy new.
If it's an old badge it may be cracked anyway.
Either use a plastic scraper or dental floss [Very carefully] to get behind the old badge and peel it away,
then remove adhesive residue with WD40/tar remover or similar.
Good idea to measure the position of the original badge so the new one
will be in the right place.

TB

olive oil and anti-bac hand wash (the non water type) are good for removing adhesive - not too sure what handwash might do to painted surface mind you.

mathamb said:
Firsrtly dont do it... it will make it look like its been messed about with. 2)they are self adhesive and when I removed my old broken carrera badge quite a bit of the glue was left on the car so I expext it would be hard to replace. Although I doubt bodyshops put new badges on each time they paint a rear

Theyre easy to remove and replace, and I would expect any decent bodyshop to fit a new badge when painting the rear

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back