Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Essential C2S options

PMCB

Hi All

New to the forum and this is my first post.

I am looking for a 2006 Manual C2S, ideally Dark Blue Metallic with the Ocean Blue Leather interior and wondered what you all thought the best/essential options to look for were?

At the the moment I am looking for cars with:

PASM - Porsche Active Suspension Management (I think this is standard on the S?)

PCM - Porsche Communication Management/Satellite Navigation Module/Computer/Bluetooth Phone

And thinking if they had this as well it would be good?

Sports Suspension

Cruise control

Heated seats

Sunroof

So what do you think?

Cheers

Hopefully a 997 know-all will correct me if I'm wrong but if you have the sports suspension fitted you will lose the PASM functionality ie you won't have it. Sports suspension lowers the car an additional 10mm over a standard C2S.

PSE is a popular option, SatNav is a must have for cars in the price bracket but beware as they are not standard.

Cruise control is good for our average speed detector camera laden roads these days but not much for anything else.

Sunroof - often not sought after in this forum - generally speaking.

Colours - its really each to their own and a matter of personal taste.

Good luck in your search - its half the fun!

~ Maxie :thumb:

Not easy to find a midnight Blue on a 997

I do have one thast very close
( and know where there is on ewith a blue interior chrono and a PSE)

http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=1615

Crusie can be retrofitted for £350 by an OPC

Sports Suspension isnt very popular although personally i think its great it really makes the chassis tight and isn't as stiff as PASM in the sports mode, although it was a no cost option very few people ticked the box when ordering a new one

Hi Maxie and Mark

Thanks for that. :thumb: And Mark going to call you know.

I wonder if the sunroof is not sought after because of the additional weight in an undesirable place...

Having said that I would quite like one, however if it is going to put a large number of people of the car when I come to sell then that would not be good.

And yes a sports exhaust would be rather good. :D

personally when i was looking, things i wanted:
Colour (personal preference).
Tranmission (personal preference)
Sport seats
Nav
Phone and Ipod connection(tooki system-700 quid)
Sunroof didn't bother me too much, had too many wendyhouses in the past and everyone took the p***, so decided not to add the addition weight this time and went for a proper coupe. Saying that the drive is so fantastic you really don't miss it at all!! Maybe i'd miss the wendyhouse in the summer, however def not a sunroof.

I would advise you to get the PSE. Although at present i'm more than happy with mine, it seems more and more peeps want the PSE after they've bought the car, and is a costly option to get fitted after.

Hope this helps.

Soon as you get one, you'll forget about everything....trust me.

Be careful with non-OEM extras, such as BlueTooth, as this will invalidate a Porsche Warranty. (There's plenty of discussion about warranties elsewhere in this forum).

The PCM Phone module works well with a PAYG SIM and it's quicker and easier to forward calls or cancel forwarding from a speed-dial button on your mobile than it is to enable your mobile's bluetooth and connect to the car. Of course, outgoing calls wouldn't be made on your mobile, but you get to keep your warranty.

Good luck with your search, whatever you decide.
Roy :thumb:

I have sunroof. Opened it to see if it worked when I bought the car and will probably open it again when (and If) I sell her to see if it still works :nooo:

Although mine is a C2 rather than a C2s its in midnight blue and it has all the options you mentioned including sunroof which I love in the summer. YEs I do not use it that often but when the weather is good and I am cruising is GREAT

Theo

Thanks for the interesting replies and the sense of humour guys. Also a big thank you to Mark Pearce, thanks for all the photos and info. :thumb:

My personal must haves after colour (atlas grey) and interior (stone grey) would be Sat nav and a rear wiper! got a CS2, and whilst i'm a cruise control fan, i dont miss it and you can always get it retro at OPC, plus a cd changer is a waste if you want to add an ipod control unit. I think the sports exhaust would be a bonus though, but i wonder if they are a bit like flashing lights on an ambulance, when your in it you dont quite get the benefit... I also like the crested head rests in mine though.

CS2 is the safest bet as it has a lot of kit as standard over the C2 in any case - xenons, pasm, 19" alloys etc, plus more power...

My 07 C2S (Meteor Grey) is my daily driver so my list of must haves when I was looking were:
Heated seats
Sat Nav
Phone (sim in dash not the handset)
Rear wiper
Bose
PSE
Sport Chrono (for the fun of the Sport button - not the daft lump on the dash)
Auto-Dimming mirrors

I got lucky and ended up with a car with lots more of the option boxes ticked. Enjoy the search.

sidlo said:
I have sunroof. Opened it to see if it worked when I bought the car and will probably open it again when (and If) I sell her to see if it still works :nooo:
I use the sunroof a lot when the weather improves.

Agreed about the C2S. Lots of nice-to-have features. In addition:

Cruise control is a must for me. A lot of people don't miss it, but I do whenever driving another vehicle that doesn't have it... I'd rather watch the road than the speedo when passing cameras etc.

Sport Chrono+ is worth having, but I mainly use it to firm-up the suspension before crossing bumpy roads/ramps etc., to prevent the front grounding. Works well!

I like my Sports seats, but have never used the heating in them, despite driving in conditions down to -3.5C.

Many people dislike the rear wiper, but although it's not terribly effective, I use it a lot and would choose it on the next car.

I'd say that BOSE and AutoChanger are a must too.

Finally although the SatNav is less capable than a £50 stick-on Halfords special, it's worth having (I use it all the time, despite having 2 add-on units) and like most of the above will help the resale when the time comes.

HTH,
Roy

Gen 11

After a week in a Gen II 4S with PDK I would really recommend it with the sport chrono

Its was fantastic with the auto box - stunning!!

And I thought I would never ever say that - have a Turob S 996 and 9934S , both manual and was not happy when they gave me an auto loan car

But did I enjoy it - you bet . Give me PDK !!!

There is only one ESSENTIAL option, Sports Exhaust! Luckily that can be retrofitted if it doesn't have it.
Nav = must
Phone = don't bother
Chrono, BOSE, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors all very desireable.

Not a fan of rear wiper at all or sunroof but personal preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back