Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air con noise

steves997s

Still getting used to my new car (C2S '07) and using it as my every day drive. I noticed yesterday, sitting in traffic for a while, that a lot of mechanical noise was coming from the air con. Sounded like belts slipping at the front of the car. When I switched it to Econ the noise stopped. When I switched the engine off at the end of the journey there was a sound like rushing water.

Is it as simple as needing a re-gas? :?:

I haven't noticed any noise coming from mine at all so might be worth getting checked out.

OPC Reading are calling tomorrow to arrange for the car to be looked at by their service dept. Their responce was superb, having only driven 200 miles since collecting it from them in December.

mine (996) did the same but a regas cured it completely.

Nice to know that it's probably a simple cure. Sadly OPC Reading didn't call yesterday as promised, so I'll be on the phone chasing this morning :dont know:

OPS Reading have come through and been brilliant. They fixed all the minor issues over the last couple of days including the air-con noise. The system has been re-gassed and the nosies have gone away.

Anyone have a view as to how often a top up is needed?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back