Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 TT Test Drive

GrahamClarke

Trainee
So, got the chance yesterday to drive the latest model Turbo at the Silverstone Experience centre for about 30-40 minutes. Car had PDK, but did not have the paddle shift steering wheel.

Interior quality seemed a nice step on from the 996TT that I had previously owned. Steering wheel was definitely nicer and felt more tactile.

I used both the B road track and ice hill (we went down that) which was interesting but due to track's shortness and lack of decent length straights I don't think it really revealed an awful lot about the handling of the car or just how accelerative it is. I guess they do this to stop people reaching silly speeds then falling off.

As for the PDK gearbox, this was very impressive, very smooth changing up or down even in Sport+ mode. Certainly far smoother than an Audi R8 with R-Tronic that I had a passenger ride in whilst in Germany a couple of years back.

As for the shift buttons - yep the car magazine reviews are right, they are not intuitive. I had to think consciously before each gear change as to whether to pull or push. Even worse, whose idea was it to have pull back on gear lever to change down and push forward to go up? Seems completely the wrong way around!

Despite this, still a very impressive car. Launch control was borderline insane :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back