Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

"Driving" Roads...

PAV

Trainee
Dear 911 heads..

Having had my 997 C2S now for over a month (and with the thought that the weather will start to pick up in the next few months!) it is time to plan a drive on a nice winding, bendy road in the south so that the pleasure can really be fufilled nicely!

I reside in herts however have been told of the beechy head road in brighton for a good old blast or should I say "to let the beast loose"!

So please may I ask you good people of any more roads I should be aware of prefably in the south!

Pav.

A272 - the more westerly sections.
But go at dawn to avoid the traffic :thumb:

+1 for the A272 and watch out for the bikes.. I seem to remember reading in a Porsche mag recently that there is a book on the A272 and the best places to drive.

Enjoy the car, like you I took delivery of my '07 C2S just before Christmas and have only managed 150 miles so far.

steves997s said:
+1 for the A272 and watch out for the bikes...
Agreed, I have ordered my new biike; it's due some time in March, so I might just be on one of those bikes when you're having a blast :hand:

Cheers,
Roy

If you can be bothered, there are some sensational roads west of reading/wantage- over the lambourn downs, look for lambourn on the map.

My bike's wrapped up the garage next the C2S :sad:

Having ridden Ducati's for years I'm now enjoying a BMW GS Adventure, as I have a 10 year old daughter that loves going on the back. The BMW is a safer option for her, and still good fun.

So is mine at the mo, although I expect to be back on it tomorrow.

Ducati... interesting coincidence: I've ordered an 1198S, which should be a lot of fun and the traction control will be handy in the loose stuff.

I hear what you say about the GS though.

:bye:

most of the roads past inverness on the west coast of scotland are fantastic :thumb:

A272 for sure! Great road but wait till the weather gets better! :)

Driving roads

through the middle of wales is a real nice drive, but watch out for bikes and Police (who are there mainly to catch the bikes) but quite happy in taking a 911 down.

+1 for Wales.. I took a weekend and fdrove all round from Cardiff through the brecon Beacons... Awesome roads...Highly recommend it!

+1 for south wales, brecon beacons area is simply amazing. my favourite british roads so far.. narrowly in front of the peak district.

havent tried northen wales nor scotland though..

If you end up as far west as Cornwall take a drive along the B3306 from St ives to St Just, the scenery is as good as it gets too! Lots of good roads in this area but best if you avoid summer!

An earlier post recommended roads around Lambourn - fantastic! I was over that way yesterday and the A338 Wantage - Hungerford is fabulous. Likewise the B4494 south of Wantage.
I plan a return visit and more exploration.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back