Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C4s Turbo Style Wheels

billie batmaster

Hi, just wanted to check if anyone had done a succesful aftermarket fitment of 997 Turbo wheels to a 997 C4s.

Ive seen some cars at dealers but they must have been a factory option.

Im looking to fit some to my C4s but want to ensure the ofset is correct and that they will look right.

Seem to be loads advertised on the net but just want to be sure :?:

For you car its easier than a narrow body 997...in that you can fit more offset combo wheels (e.g. with use spacers if needed)

Your Porsche 997 wheels depending on which style will have 2 numbers either side of the valve, they should say on the front 8 and 57 and rear 11 and 51, whatever it says these are the correct factory width and offset (ET) for a 997 4S.

When shopping for your new wheels you need to ensure that the rear ET is = or more than 51, and front is = or more than 57, on either anything less (e.g. 40) will potentially foul/rub your arch. So a set of 2S wheels with offset ET67 on the rear, then everything should be fine fingers crossed. If you need a spacer you need to subtract the new wheel offset from the original to get the factory offset e.g. ET67 - ET51 = 16mm spacer, unless you want to experiment with filling the arch etc etc.

Just a word of warning...cheap wheels are cheap for 2 reasons...heavy and not as strong. Before you fit cheap aftermarket wheels to your very expensive car be aware of the knock on effects, not just performance loss and extra wear and tear on the chassis but the consequences of that wheel failing due to pothole etc. You may not exploit the car's performance or rarely drive at all you should have no worries.

Fitting more expensive wheels from well known brands or performance wheel suppliers you will be fine. I've read so many stories about guys having nightmares about fitting aftermarket wheels its worth going to a wheel supplier that guarantees the correct fitment.

What wheels have you got and whats wrong with them?

i currently have the sport design wheels which are nice but i have seen quite alot of 997s with Turbo wheels and fancy a change.

Thanks for the advice i will check with some of the suppliers that advertise on this forum.
I guess they should know what they are talking about.

With patience you can pick up some genuine Turbo wheels which would bolt straight on for between £1000-£1500 that may have a few odd marks but nothing sinister...they are around £4k from an OPC! They are very light and I think magnesium alloy. Double the cost of cheapies yes but we are talking £100's not £1000's :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back