Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front spoler minor issue

theogeor

Albert Park
Hi all and happy new Year from very cold Dijon.... Driving through France was great and much easier than I though despite treating the 911 as a normal family car (wife plus two kids for a 4 day stay) and over 530 miles so far and fully loaded I managed to do 28MPG at very good average speed
Now the problem I have is with the front spoiler. Although I was careful when I was entering the parking space at Dijon the front rubbery thing under the front spoiler is now damaged and out.. Its not a major problem as it looks like is not needed for a safe trip back home but I was wondering if anybody else have had the same problem. The part number is 997-505-557-00 (from the official parts catalog. The questions are
a. Does anybody has an idea on the cost in UK (is 55USD in the US)
b. Is it easy to replace (it looks like it should be a 10 minute job but.....)

Theo

Hi and it sounds like a good trip. : :) Cant help with the spoiler issue but I am impressed with the 28mpg. I have had mine nearly a year now and cannot get the trip to say more than 25.7mpg. :nooo: That was today after a 400 mile round trip not going above sensible cruising speeds. :roll: I doubt I will ever get it to 28. It is a tiptronic does that make a difference I wonder?

Enjoy the holiday

the front lip spoiler on 997 comes off pretty easy, can't remember but i think it has a t30 black plastic screw on either end, remove this and the spoiler just pulls out of the bumper with a little force..

price i cannot help with sorry

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back