Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heat Shield 997.1 Turbo

Martian

Singapore
Following on from my earlier request for a PET diagram of the turbo area, I need to ask another question.

I had my car on a ramp today at my friendly tyre dealer due to what I thought was a slow puncture, but it turned out to be a faulty valve core.

Whilst looking under the car, I noticed that the off-side (driver side) turbo appeared quite new whilst the near side original. This was confirmed by the new looking turbo with a sticker attached stating 46/08, which I presume is the manufacture date, week 46 2008. I don't have a problem with this because it was obviously fitted under warranty before I owned the car, but I'm confused as to why the new one doesn't have a heat shield attached to it, whereas the original nearside one does. There are no heat type shields shown attached for either turbo on the PET drawings, but quite obviously the older unit has one. I was starting to wonder why the newer one doesn't as the fittings look identical on both.

Can anyone advise me if the turbo on the off-side should have a heat shield, or if your car has one.

I don't want to complain (again) about poor workmanship to my supplying OPC if a heatshield wasn't originally fitted to the off-side from the factory.

Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back