Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch problem?

mogalino

This has happened a few times recently. I fully depress clutch, turn the key and nothing happens. I try again, again nothing. Then a message comes up on the dash saying "fully depress clutch". Of course, I have already done so, but then try again and the engine starts.

And it's not just when the engine is cold. Happened the other day in London on a busy road in rush hour. I stalled the engine, then couldn't start, until after going through same sequence as above.

Anyone come across this before? Any thoughts or advice please?

I had this problem on my 2006 C2S just after I bought it. The delaer took it back and replaced the two microswitches under the clutch and it has been faultless ever since. They did mention they were "about 50 quid" but did not charge.

Easy enough to over-ride on the face of it.

Just bridge the terminals with a split pin, or whatever you can wedge in until a part is available... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back