Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

living with the 997

mutley1

had the new car 5 days now and have love every minute, yes when you look at the cockpit a lot like the old box, driving the c4s the car is more planted to the road, corners that I would do at 60mph with the back end jumping out can now be done at 70mph and now a bit boring ( or do I need to get to know the car and push a bit harder)

One thing I do know is the looks people give you, even family members, I'm not a solicitor or accountant, just a humble cleaner, both my wife and myself come up from one of the hardest conical estates in the NE, after a spell in the army, set up our small cleaning company and still work 15 hour days 7 days per week to live the dream (cars, good home, and help the kids with what we both did not have)
Why do the uk (sorry some people in the uk) have a thing about having a go at people that work hard.

Hi mutley1

Its great to see that the 911 family is not only rich and privilege people as the general view is. Working hard and be successful unfortunately a lot of times it looks odd in this country and success is not appreciated
About 3 years ago I was in a BBC radio program and there was this mid twenties single mum demanding to have the same quality of life and same rewards as someone that was working hard and she never worked in her life and that problem is more acute in the NE that you come from
Enough said.... Let me not start :x

I hope you enjoy the 911 and ignore everybody else. At the end you did it for yourself through hard work..

Enjoy the new car, you have obviously worked hard for it :)

It is funny though that in America you are THE MAAAAAAN! for working hard but the British see it as 'flashy' and annoying...

Just ignore the ignorant! :thumb:

mutley1 said:
had the new car 5 days now and have love every minute, yes when you look at the cockpit a lot like the old box, driving the c4s the car is more planted to the road, corners that I would do at 60mph with the back end jumping out can now be done at 70mph and now a bit boring ( or do I need to get to know the car and push a bit harder)

One thing I do know is the looks people give you, even family members, I'm not a solicitor or accountant, just a humble cleaner, both my wife and myself come up from one of the hardest conical estates in the NE, after a spell in the army, set up our small cleaning company and still work 15 hour days 7 days per week to live the dream (cars, good home, and help the kids with what we both did not have)
Why do the uk (sorry some people in the uk) have a thing about having a go at people that work hard.
Congradulations on your purchase. Its lovely to hear story like this.
You will find most 911 owners work hard to achieve their goals in life. It all depends on how we are all brought up. (I start working at the age of 14) I remember when I first bought my very first car with my own hard earn cash which is only a humble fiesta diesel, I was already over the moon!
I am so happy that I am driving one of my dream car!

It is human nature anywhere in the world that success brings envy. The key thing is that you know you deserve it and it sounds like you very much do..

Enjoy the car.. :thumb:

I think its a combo of 'working class' and the British sense of not wanting to show off.

Having a nice sports car is 'showing off'...by some

Showing money when you are 'working class' is seen as a traitor to your 'roots'...by some.

Be proud of where you came from and enjoy the spoils of your labour...and ignore the haters they are jealous!

:thumb:

Oh and have you posted pics yet?? :wink:

still love every time i drive the 997

also add pic of the other cars in the house

Attachments

• wp0zzz99z7s770567_1_470.jpg
    wp0zzz99z7s770567_1_470.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 4,225
and the lotus, she a bit black need to get her back on the road

Attachments

• 14012008_176.jpg
    14012008_176.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 4,204
nice car :thumb: :thumb:

working hard makes you feel better anyway !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back