Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MF Steering Wheel - Changing CD tracks

action99

I have owned my 997 C2S for 18 months and have loved every minute, 1 little thing that bugs me is not being able to change CD tracks from the MF steering wheel...or can you?? Am I just being and idiot?

No. You have to use the left and right arrows or numbers on the phone thingy to the left of the Nav screen (at least, you do on mine). Or use the Nav screen and select track by graphical interface using the buttons on the MFSW. If you don't have the Nav screen I can't help you but I doubt there's a workaround.

Hiya, I think I have it right but it's not simple. :?

Press audio on the PCM the you can use the right hand roller to scroll and depress to select until you get to "track list" then scroll up and down again and depress the roller to select the track.

However, mine doesn't show the track names, is there a way to show this or manually input them.

My audi used to pick up the info from the CD?

timnpip said:
Hiya, I think I have it right but it's not simple. :?

Press audio on the PCM the you can use the right hand roller to scroll and depress to select until you get to "track list" then scroll up and down again and depress the roller to select the track.

However, mine doesn't show the track names, is there a way to show this or manually input them.

My audi used to pick up the info from the CD?

Yep thats right - the way to change tracks using MF steering - but its quite a few button presses to get there!

As for names of tracks - it depends on what codes are used to record CDs - some work, some dont - and also depends which PCM unit you have. But overall, the audio system is not the latest......

Try switching the tracks off, and listening to the roar - now thats music!

the information control stalk on can be used to change the CD tracks and you can even see which song is playing and flick up and down to choose the next song by selecting the song and moving the stalk away from you. What you cannot do - at least i have not figured it out - is how to change the artist when using the ipod. I guess it will work beautifully when you create a playlist with your favorite artists and songs.

Hope that helps

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back