Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Parking sensors

Poker2009

Suzuka
Has anyone had parking sensors fitted? I would want OEM, and fitted exactly as factory fit..

Any idea of cost, would porsche fit it, and could i trust them to line it all up properly, i assume requires drilling into bumper to put sensors in?!

thanks

if you live in london this is the place to go.

http://www.autoaudio.uk.com/

go to gallery --> porsche and flick through the pictures and you should see the closest to OEM that i've been able to find.

they're not the cheapest, but it might be worth it.

Cheers

Pav

PCT in Coventry do them too, if you are based further North. They get good reviews.

Thanks for the responses.

I don't think I will be retro-fitting any parking sensors..

I wanted a factory finish, but i don't think this will be possible.

We had a boxster before buying the 997. Our OPC told us at the time that parking sensors couldn't be reliably fitted to a boxster. We took the car to Paragon in East Sussex, who fitted an after-market kit.

Paragon pre-painted the sensors and fitted the equipment. The end result looked pretty good. The total cost was about £500 IIRC.

If you're interested, I'll see if I can find a photo or two. In the mean time, you might give them a call (01825) 830424.

Cheers,
Roy :bye:

You'll invalidate your Porsche Warranty if you fit anything other than the official Porsche sensors.

almost as much of a waste of money as retro fitting cruise............in my humble opinion of course. flame proof suit donned...... :wink:

fraserb said:
almost as much of a waste of money as retro fitting cruise............in my humble opinion of course. flame proof suit donned...... :wink:

Agreed - not going to bother! should have got a car with it though. :frustrated:

fraserb said:

not if you park on the street in London...

If her indoors is going to drive it, parking sensors are a must (spacial awareness not a strong point here) :thewife: Paint is not cheap.

Was not bothered about paking sensors when buying my car but I have them & they are very useful.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back