Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does a service included a wash? And what's a 997 worth???

findtom

Nurburgring
So, had a minor service today at Reading but they didn't wash the car. Just curious but is that normal?

Also, had a 3 hour drive in a 997 C2S Gen 2, looks like I might treat myself but whats the going rate for my 911?

Sep 2007 911 C2S (57)
Atlas
Blue interior
PCM
PCM + Module
Electric Seats
PSE
Heated Seats
Few other things I can't think of right now....

oh 13k miles.

Thanks. :)

At OPC, they'll probably give you early £40's for it and then sell it for £50k themselves.

As for the wash, they probably did you a favour by not washing it. Given the right materials eg Zaino etc, you could probably do a better job than they can.

~ Maxie

Ouch! Been looking around for a 997 of similar spec and that will defo be on the forecourt for early 50s. I would be interested to hear what they offer you.

I used to think having a px when buying a new car was a handicap to negotiations. Seems like they may well be making more money on a used sale than new, and should help securing a nice discount on a new one!

If I'm honest I feel that for £500 a wash of the car is expected. Plus they missed a small job I asked them to check under warrantee, I had the feeling it was a 'its saturday and we want to go home' service. The car is covered in hand prints from the service technician.

I think I will phone the dealer on Monday and express my dissatisfaction.

~I am totally with you, when I get a service I want a wash,I know its only £3 worth, but I feel that if they cant be bothered to do that then they cant be bothered with my business. Its just good customer service..
Plus hand prints, no excuse, they should clean the car.

I have them write on the job card 'DO NOT WASH' when my car goes in - after having it detailed I don't want them putting a load of swirls back in the paint......

uuf361 said:
I have them write on the job card 'DO NOT WASH' when my car goes in - after having it detailed I don't want them putting a load of swirls back in the paint......

Exactly my point made earlier....why would the rest of you want your car washed? Do you like swirls?

~ Maxie :dont know:

I recently got the opc to write "do not wash" on the job card! It was also mentioned again not to wash my car when they had to ring me for something else.

Guess what when I got my car back it had been washed! They made a right mess of it. There were water marks all over it they didn't even bother shamming it down:-(

Sometimes it worries me that they can't even follow basic instructions!

Wow, OK. I'm fussy but not having it washed because the may leave swirls? Hell if they did I'd send it back!

To me I think leaving hand prints is worse but I guess it horses for courses.

Ultimately it's a culmination of small things that have mildly upset me. Forgetting to carry out a minor job added over charging me (by £25 but quickly fixed), and then leaving hand prints on my paintwork just mildly annoys me for the money I paid.

However, I will call them in the morning.

After having two of my former Mercedes damaged by opc washes at services, (one badly scratched bonnet by a shammy which they must have dropped and then used :nooo: and one where a chunk of paint was removed by the wash lance :frustrated: ) I also ask for no washes to be carried out. They did correct it at their expense, but I dont think that the people who wash them are enthusiasts somehow, and more like work experience bods.

I ALWAYS ask the garage I use NOT to wash the car. Too many slap-dash valeters employed by garages. I've personally seen chammys dropped on the ground and not rinsed before drying and jet wash lances 1" away from the bodywork! :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back