Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

searching dealerships

Neilmac48

Next month I am going to start searching for my first Porsche a C2S.I have been to my local OPC-Chester and they have my list of requirements,I want to get it from a main dealer for various reasons.The salesman whom I have spoken to on several occasions mentions this searching but what does this involve? Will it only be through other local OPC's such as Wilmslow and Bolton or will he look further afield? I mention this because I have seen a car I like but it is at Bristols OPC,will I also be required to go to the dealers to view the cars wherever they might be or is the car brought up to Chester?

They can bring any car to any opc - but also the opcs are all idependent and some are in groups - you're better off going to the opc that hold the car that you want.

IMO - OPC are a rip off and you're better off going to an independent.

I started off thinking the same - that I would only get a car from an OPC, but found them very overpriced, and the service wasnt anything to shout about. Going to an independent - they seem to work harder for you, and its better value!

You probably want to phone Bristol OPC, but dont discount indies!

Hi, they would typically only move used stock within their group. There are a number of different franchisees that operate a number of sites each. Otherwise the search would include them trolling through private ads to buy a car in for you which meets your criteria. I know it's nice to deal with your local OPC but if I were you, I would just keep searching the Porsche used web site daily on a detailed search and deal directly with whoever is selling the car. And yes, look at Indies as well.

What specifically are you looking for?

You dont need Chester to tell you what stock is avalilable at other official dealers, you can do that yourself on the Porsche UK web site.

There is nothing to stop you buying directly with an other official dealer and then taking the car to Chester for servicing and any warranty work - the warranty will be to same from any OPC.

David

I have a very nice 2007 C2S for sale, as I just took delivery of a brand new one. It's got full Porsche warranty until May-2010 and I can guarantee it'll be a LOT cheaper than OPC.

Thanks for your replies,I have mentioned before on this forum what I'm after but I'll repeat again, C2S manual,coupe,extended nav,sports chrono,sports exhaust with a budget of 50000-55000.I do remember your car Jaime being up for sale and I have regularily searched the official Porsche dealerships hence spotting one in Bristol.

Hi

No matter who or where you buy a car from be it privately or through an OPC just be careful and do your checks.

In my pursuit for a 911 I visited a few OPC's and my findings were shocking and I would encourage when buying from any dealer to get an independant check done on a car.

Last year I visited an OPC and took my mate who was a trader himself and knew more about cars than me. There I saw a C2S 997 on closer inspection he noticed that every panel apart from the rear panel had been painted (And this panel had a scratch on it too so would need painting anyway) and not very well at that. The one door had a dry line up to the drivers window. They never even bothered taking the rubber off to paint underneath!!

On the other side on the rear quater panel you could see where the filler had sunk and you could see the streaks from where it had been fillered.

There was white poweder on the one side as well I called my friend over to check it out only to be beaten by the salesman who quickly rubbed it off with his sleeve and said that it was wax. But my mate reakoned it was cutting paste!

I was devasted as it took me over a year to find a suitable 997. My mate looked at me and said lets ago quick. On the way out I said to my mate what about this car (I was desperate to spend £55k ona car). He had a quick look over another car in the show room and found a piece of masking tape under the bonet!!

I have also had the same experience at a BMW dealership.

So guys please be careful out there! Get a thorough check done by someone independant no matter who you buy off.

Trust no-one!!

Happy hunting!!

satnam70 said:
In my pursuit for a 911 I visited a few OPC's and my findings were shocking and I would encourage when buying from any dealer to get an independant check done on a car.

Trust no-one!!

+1 VERY good advice

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back