Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

998 [991] Interior Spy Shots ?

Porsche News

Spotted on test, clearly a new rear spoiler but are there any different interior details ?

Attachments

• porsche998_fotospia_03_155.jpg
    porsche998_fotospia_03_155.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 20,414
  • porsche998_fotospia_02_147.jpg
    porsche998_fotospia_02_147.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 20,414
  • porsche998_fotospia_01_647.jpg
    porsche998_fotospia_01_647.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 20,414
Looks like a whole new centre console - is that PCM 3.1? Binnacle is the same as a 997. Front centre console storage has disappeared.

~ Maxie

looks nice.Panamera like around the gear stick,current steering wheel.

I think when the car comes out the new dashboard will make the current car look very dated.

I thought the new Cayenne would be a stunning package, especially in diesel guise.

I got in one just after launch and got out five seconds later.

That centre console (which somehow worked on the PanAm) really turned me off and would be a deal breaker.

I will await the "in the flesh" impression of the new 911, but I would worry how big and heavy that centre console is.

Really can't see how this would work on a GT3, and by extension how it really translates into a sportscar.

The logical conclusion is, sadly, that the bigger, heavier 998/991 will be another GT just when Porsche needs a sports car, especially if the rumoured 928 turns up.

Looks like a lot of carry over from the Panamera, particularly the nav / audio controls, which is no bad thing.

Looks very nice indeed....

Not feeling that interior, far too much 'cruise' and not enough 'sport'. I'm sure it's great with lots of toys and buttons to play with whilst stuck at traffic lights, but is that really what you want in a sports car?

Stuart said:
Not feeling that interior, far too much 'cruise' and not enough 'sport'. I'm sure it's great with lots of toys and buttons to play with whilst stuck at traffic lights, but is that really what you want in a sports car?

A grand tourer rather than a sports car. The 911's fate it seems (if "fate" is the right word).

Just reading Georg Kacher's latest (German Car Magazine correspondent) news on the 991. In summary:

Base model Carrera: 3.4L engine, 350bhp, 6 speed manual
Carrera S: 3.8L, 400bhp 7 speed manual

- 70mm overall increase in length with longer wheel base but shorter overhangs.

- 50kg weight reduction, 20mm lower ride height

- Centre console design derived from Panamera (as evidenced by photos in this thread).

- Increase in base prices (current 997 C2 is approx £64k).

The artist renderings I saw in the magazine look nice, slightly more attractive than the 997 imo. Looking good so far I think.

~ Maxie

Linky?

Or does the information only exist in the real-world?

If so, please supply linky to a suggested newsagent or similar for mail order purposes.

I don't want to have to leave home and endanger another agoraphobia incident.

GT4 said:
Linky?

Or does the information only exist in the real-world?

If so, please supply linky to a suggested newsagent or similar for mail order purposes.

I don't want to have to leave home and endanger another agoraphobia incident.

Unfortunately no linky. You'll have to get out there to a newsagent and look in person!

~ Maxie

OK, OK, so if I get the mental strength to leave the house, give us a clue as to what title I am looking for and roughly which shelf it is on.

I can only bear to be in a public place for a few minutes.

Thanks.

GT4 said:
OK, OK, so if I get the mental strength to leave the house, give us a clue as to what title I am looking for and roughly which shelf it is on.

Here's the clue:

Maxie said:
Just reading Georg Kacher's latest (German Car Magazine correspondent) news on the 991.

Otherwise go to WHSmith and check in the motoring section.

~ Maxie :wink:

That says he is a "German Car Magazine correspondent".

How many ways can you parse that?

Tony Blair has the title "Ex PM", but it doesn't tell me his autobiography was published by Disney.

So it's in either Car magazine (and they have a German correspondant) or it's in the German equivalent of Car magazine? Give us another clue Maxie! :hand:

In short - I predict 'new 911 looks much the same as all the old ones but with more upmarket interior' shock and 'will probably be quicker and handle better than previous models but purists will complain about being even more removed from the driving experience' shock... :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back