Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

retrofit multi-function steering wheel. is it possible?

gadgetJunky72

Montreal
hi,

has anyone had this done or know if it can be done? I have an MY06 model if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Pav

Same question here. So many 997 have all options under the sun except and MF wheel and it would be good to know if it can be retrofitted by an OPC - making finding yhe right csr a tad easier.

Steering Wheel Change

I bought a GenII without a Multi Function steering wheel, The dealer swapped it over to Multi Function in a matter of minutes. The returned the non-MF HEATED steering wheel is now available

Its one of those things I would love to do as well. My 997 has so many options but is missing the steering wheel and rain sensors!!!!

Theo

I was disappointed with the rain sensors, they seem to need to be reminded that it's raining by flicking the arm. Once reminded they do okay

Rain sensors
you can go into the PCM menu and set the key so that the rain sensors come on automatically, when that key is used
you need to use the set button cant remember which menu its listed under, but does take a little searching,
the dealers cant set up using PIWIS for you also

Re: Steering Wheel Change

Talisker said:
I bought a GenII without a Multi Function steering wheel, The dealer swapped it over to Multi Function in a matter of minutes. The returned the non-MF HEATED steering wheel is now available

Really? I'd really appreciate knowing which OPC and at what cost. I bought a GenII without it and asked my OPC if a retro fit was possibe and they said no!

Any info much appreciated.

I went to Swindown Porsche Centre, it was about £800. They were great, make sure you ask for Paul Smith.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back