Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Queries re Shipping a 911 overseas.

ravashanks

Hi folks,

A 997 enthusiast from Singapore here. Would anyone be able to provide some info about reliable agents who are willing to ship a used 911 overseas from the uk? Porsches cost as much as 3 times their UK prices here in SG (new and used) and was hoping to find a better deal overseas. Cheers!

Ravashanks, you are not going to save any money. If you check the LTA website you will see that firstly you cannot import a car into Singapore that is more than a couple of years old. You will also see that any used vehicle (and it would have to be a relatively new one) would be valued by LTA (and not you) and then they would apply the PARF and ARF taxes, plus an import duty. Then you have to buy the COE. At the end of the day, by the time you apply shipping you are going to end up paying the same as, or more than, what you'll find one in Singapore for. Given that you will need a right hand drive car, your only sources are Australia (hideously expsenisive due to their own taxes), Japan (not many around) or the UK (high shipping costs). Drop by Autbahn motors on Bukit Timah/Dunearn road. They are total sharks but normally have a few in stock. Or else this saturdays' Straits Times classifieds. If this fails give me a shout and I'll put you in touch with a few friends in Singapore who have 911's and may be willing to sell.

Hi gavins,

thanks for the info mate. guess i'll just have to save the pennies then get a local one then.

cheers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back