Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

iphone 3GS and Gen2 Bluetooth....

goodethernet

Spa-Francorchamps
.....simply doesn't work, right? I have a gen2 car with bluetooth and my Nokia E71 paired up perfectly, contacts the whole lot. The new iphone 3GS won't connect for more than a couple of seconds. Grrrrr.......

Anyone have any experience of this or any fixes? Thanks.

Iphone 3G works ok, you need a update at OPC to change some settings. Not sure about 3GS.

OK, thanks will check that out. The contacts all upload properly from the 3G do they?

I have the iPhone sync'd to PCM3 on a GenII with no problem, works great and sync's your contacts - as per previous response, you'll need you OPC to change a setting - it's either in one bluetooth more or the other, not both

AH9999 said:
I have the iPhone sync'd to PCM3 on a GenII with no problem, works great and sync's your contacts - as per previous response, you'll need you OPC to change a setting - it's either in one bluetooth more or the other, not both

Yes that's spot on thanks. The OPC sorted it today in 1 minute. It needed switching from "remote sim" mode to "handsfree" mode and it works perfectly now. Still needed to buy a new cable so the iphone will charge, though. Still, that's more about Apple than Porsche. :roll:

Hi,

Please can you tell me what cable you bought so that the iPhone charges whilst hooked up to the car....I have the old cable currently!

Cheers!
L

I haven't tried it yet to be sure it works but the part number is 997 612 471 02, described as "cable ipod". It has the round din plug on one end and splits into a USB and a connector for the iphone. It should charge the iphone up unlike the OEM cable you get with a new car. Cost £21 including vat. Hope that helps.

Edited to add: I have just checked the new cable out and it works fine. You will need to plug the DIN plug AND the USB ends into the car and the other end into the iphone. This gives you full ipod function on the PCM and also charges the phone. Blue tooth works too, so you have it all in a single device. The iphone tries to get you to switch on airplane mode when you plug it into the car which would render the phone useless. Just select "no" and it all seems to work fine anyway. Be interesting to see what happens with an incoming call when you are playing the ipod.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back