Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does your 993 have any outstanding factory recalls?

Porsche News

OPC Brooklands Service Centre recently found that there are a significant number of Porsches with outstanding factory recall campaigns, as a result they have started a campaign to check if Porsche owners have any outstanding factory recalls.

What to do
1. email [email protected]
2. Provide your Registration number
3. and chassis number (which can be found in your service book)

Then OPC Brooklands Service Centre can run a check with Porsche to see whether there are any outstanding campaigns relating to that car.

This is a completely free service, and any subequent modification that is carried out will also be free of charge.

They can go back to 1985 model year cars. They have recently completed several wiring loom modifications to 993s and even an outstanding modification to a 1985 944.

It is quite important to take BOTH the chassis number from the car and not the registration document, as a number are incorrect.

http://www.porschehost.com/home.asp?opc=41

911service_951.jpg

does anyone on here have the full list of all 993 recalls perhaps?

thanks for the info. Have dropped them a line, as I'm unsure if any recalls have been done on mine. There's no supporting paperwork at least.

Contacted them a couple of weeks ago - very good, fast response (to say mine was fine! :lol: )

Hi everyone, just joined up!

I got a response back saying I need a new wiring loom!! Apparently it is not a safety recall it is a 'service campaign'.

Anyone know anything about this? Will it cost me?

MTR

Hi

I am having mine done today. No charge and they have given me a very nice 09 boxster to drive while they have it.

It is an all day job though (5-7hrs) and they were not sure if they were going to be able to have it ready by this eve. I hope they have. I am supposed to be meeting a fellow 911uk forum member tomorrow morning in it! I can't turn up in a boxster!

Berni

berni29 said:
Hi

I am having mine done today. No charge and they have given me a very nice 09 boxster to drive while they have it.

It is an all day job though (5-7hrs) and they were not sure if they were going to be able to have it ready by this eve. I hope they have. I am supposed to be meeting a fellow 911uk forum member tomorrow morning in it! I can't turn up in a boxster!

Berni

Yes, I got a Boxster too, a 2.9 manual. I was really looking forward to it but worried that it would shade my 993.

But my god, what a disappointment! Too refined and quiet and virtually no engine sound until you floored it, then it was like a valve opened but it sounded false and uninspiring. The overall quality of the car is average to say the least. My Honda Accord was much better.
How they sell these for nearly 40k with a few options I dont know.

MTR

Sent them an email exactly one week ago and still no reply!!

Poor do Porsche!

Hi

Maybe try again or call them. My rear loom was burnt right through. The rear blower now works, a nice incidental benefit.

Berni

Had mine checked out last year, clean bill of health.
Hard to beleive there can be any cars requiring a recall.

My 94 993 still had the rear loom outstanding and by the sound of it in the same state as Berni's. Local auto sparky couldn;t believe it hadn't caught fire!

Just very grateful that Porsche stand by that rear loom recall after all these years!

Contacted OPC Byfleet by mail and had a response within 3 hours! Great service and 2 recalls outstanding :thumb:

2 recalls? If one was loom what was pther?

Just mailed them too , will post if anything found :thumb:

EDIT :

< < < Check out my Post count : 993 :yes: :yahoo: :clap:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back