Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Carbon Fibre RS Heater Duct

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
RS / Cup car Carbon Fibre Heater Duct 993 (none Turbo models)

This is a high quality replica of the RS lightweight (cup car) factory heat duct in Carbon fibre, this replaces blower motor & ductwork yet still allows for heat to transfer just like the factory part.

Fits all 964 & 993 models except 993 Twin Turbo's. Saves aprox 4kg in weight and tidies up engine bay (for none Turbo models only).

"Offer from 2009" have a special offer to the first ten 911uk members who wish to purchase one of these items.

911uk members price £149.95 plus uk mainland UPS £13.80
Total uk total to pay of £163.75p (rrp £201.25p +p&p )

Important.
993 varioram owners will need the £26.00 engine shroud part 964.106.403.02.
For European models the varioram models came out in August 1995.

For members to receive this offer you must phone your order through with a credit or debit card, quoting the 911uk web site as a reference, the offer will expire after all 10 are sold, & each offer is restricted to one member / one order, if you require a second it will be charged at rrp of £201.25p (with no extra shipping)

# This a replica of the Porsche Germany RS lightweight factory heat duct that was used on all 3.6 liter special RS lightweight rare cars.
# The Porsche part is ugly roto-formed cheap plastic with parting lines whereas this is an accurate replica in carbon fibre.
# Saves about 4Kg from the rear of all 1994- 1998 993 cars. Fits all 993 cars. Will not work on 993 Twin Turbos.
# Replaces blower motor assembly and ductwork and still allows plenty of heat just like the factory RS part.
# Ultra cool clear coated real carbon fibre tube that really cleans up engine bay and makes working on engine easy.
# Simple do it yourself 20 minute installation that gives you the RS style engine look.

Question - Will I still have heat?
Yes. The only difference is that you will have less heater volume at idle. The part can be easily replaced if an Arctic winter arrives.

LINK TO VIDEO OF INSTALLATION
http://vimeo.com/2345138

Link to Fitting Instructions
993 Carbon Fibre RS Heater Duct Offer

Attachments

• 993bp_1_831.jpg
    993bp_1_831.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 12,481
  • 993964bp1_148.jpg
    993964bp1_148.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 12,480
  • 964bp2_568.jpg
    964bp2_568.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 12,481
  • 964bp3_194.jpg
    964bp3_194.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 12,481
  • 964bp1_201.jpg
    964bp1_201.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 12,482
  • 993blowebypassinstalled2_628.jpg
    993blowebypassinstalled2_628.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 12,476
Last edited:
Re: 993 Carbon Fibre RS Heater Duct Offer

993 varioram owners will need the £26.00 engine shroud part 964.106.403.02.
For European models the varioram models came out in August 1995.

Pictured below

Attachments

• 964_shroud_338.jpg
    964_shroud_338.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 12,384
Still don't quite get where it goes :dont know:
Will have to wait til I try & install it I suppose :?:

ldt said:

??

Its pretty obvious from the photos

Though its usually advertised as a 964 part, as opposed to 993

917k said:
ldt said:

??

Its pretty obvious from the photos

Though its usually advertised as a 964 part, as opposed to 993

I take it then by the pic, the inlet for the pipe has to be completely changed :?:
Sorry, Im not as clued up as you on the Varioram :)

Does this pic help?

993-tube.jpg

dommorton said:
Does this pic help?

993-tube.jpg

Wow ! is that your engine? awesome :thumb:
Thanks for your help. If you look at the NV or 964 engine picture, the
connection looks the same. However the shroud looks more rounded &
I still don't get it :grin:

I wish! not got me a 993 yet.

I guess the connection to the fan housing is different on a Vario so you need to fit the 964 part to make the RS part fit?

ldt said:
dommorton said:
Does this pic help?

993-tube.jpg

Wow ! is that your engine? awesome :thumb:
Thanks for your help. If you look at the NV or 964 engine picture, the
connection looks the same. However the shroud looks more rounded &
I still don't get it :grin:

Is that a 993 Varioram engine in a 964? Doesn't look like a 993 engine bay/bodywork??

Would never have noticed if you had not brought it up Chris :lol:
Just noticed the oil filler cap looks different to mine :wink:

ldt said:

Not std 993 cap for sure, but I was looking at the skuttle panel or whatever you call it, and the centre of the cooling fan is a lot higher/visible than a 993.

Back on topic I'm struggling to see what bit your confused with. I'd suggest you remove your blower motor housing so you can see more clearly, seems an easy and quick job to do and maybe take the opportunity to do some spring cleaning whilst you're at it?

Chris W said:
ldt said:

Not std 993 cap for sure, but I was looking at the skuttle panel or whatever you call it, and the centre of the cooling fan is a lot higher/visible than a 993.

Back on topic I'm struggling to see what bit your confused with. I'd suggest you remove your blower motor housing so you can see more clearly, seems an easy and quick job to do and maybe take the opportunity to do some spring cleaning whilst you're at it?

it's a simple switch for the shroud, CW you thinking of getting it fitted ?

Sundeep said:
Chris W said:
ldt said:

it's a simple switch for the shroud, CW you thinking of getting it fitted ?

My bet's on no to that question :lol:

Chris W said:
ldt said:

8) Good idea :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back