Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre pressure monitoring

dazzpowder

Trainee
Hi,

Does anyone find the tyre pressure monitoring system of any real use?

Thanks

Yes I use it to check the tyre pressure every time a set off, to drive a longer distance, especially if it is an early morning or a late night drive.
Regards Big Bob

A great big YES!!

Having a superb blatt in the Peak district and the dash warns of a puncture!! (beeps and lights up red!!).
Slowed down and checked the pressures to see that a front was down to 1.6 bar
I made my way to a garage and put air in the tyre which lasted for 20 minutes before the warning again, another visit to the airpump and enough time to get me home..
I removed the wheel and took it for a puncture repair(screw in the centre of the tread).
For me a close call of being stuck in the Peaks, at least it gave me a warning to slow down had it been a worse puncture!

Then there's the ability to check pressures daily and on trackdays to monitor what is going on..

So far its been worth every penny..

garyw

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back