Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indie Warranty

mm450exc

Trainee
The Indie warranty is less than half of OPC. If you buy a car from an Indie would they replace the engine if there is a problem like OPC would?

It depends on the T&Cs (of course)!

Which independent warranty are you referring to?

1. The top warrantywise cover would, but there's mixed reports about them
2. Top AA cover I don't believe would cover the full cost of a replacement engine or the OPC labour rates
3. RSJ (and I believe Hartech) don't cover the costs of the actual replacement part (I might be wrong about Hartech)
4. Cridfords offer the old Camtune warranty (can't remember the provider) and this would cover a failure, less cracked liners - which is a common cause of engine failure on the 996 and 997

Typically, the best warranty available is still the OPC one - if you can get it (ie. you have a very flexible OPC/limited or no aftermarket additions), but it's expensive at circa £1500.

Cracked liners? Is this the problem with the cylinder lining where #6 blows?

I called Cridfords - warranty cost is £350 if you buy the car from them in the first year and then £599.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back