Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen2 PCM question

wayn0

Hi all,

Just swapped my 997c4s tip in for a c2s pdk and I have to say what an amazing car- ok I've only been in it for a week, but the PDK is everything I wanted it to be.

I've lost the will to live after trying to read the PCM manual, when listening to the tuner, I have 6 presets showing on the screen- these seem to change each time I go back to the tuner ( ie it could be showing (say) R4, r2,bbc London, abosolute etc etc) and next time I return to the tuner KISS will have replaced R4 - and not because it can't pick up r4. Also If I go into "station list" and choose (say) Capital - how do I add this to one of the 6 (supposed) pre set buttons on the first page?

Also, on old last car- traffic congestion showed up on PCM as a series of blue flags - in spite of pressing every traffic button on POI I can't replicate this function - I do have warning triangles denoting an accident( and clicking "details" shows more) but is there an idiots (me) guide to replicating this function?

TIA

Wayno

Press and hold to save, also I think there is 2 FM sets of presets, are you looking at FM2 instead of FM1? By pressing the tuner button it flips around all the bands.

Need to check on my car.

I tried holding a button down and saw message " function not available" might take it back to Hatfield and let them do it for me!

wayn0 said:
I tried holding a button down and saw message " function not available" might take it back to Hatfield and let them do it for me!

I am popping out in an hour, will have a look for you then.

Won't be until tomorrow. You can warn Simon on service that i'll be coming in to drive him mad!

Press and hold the station you want in the station list, it then takes you to the tuner home page, you then press the preset number you want it stored on.

Also if you press the orange FM1 text in the top right of the screen (yes it is a touch button), it toggles through, FM1, FM2, FM3, Best FM, Mixed then back to FM1.

Hope that helps

I tried that - but greets me with message " function not currently avaialable"
maybe I need to reset the whole PCM ?

wayn0 said:
I tried that - but greets me with message " function not currently avaialable"
maybe I need to reset the whole PCM ?

Oh dear, sounds like your PCM 3.0 is F$$$$D.....

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back