Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying my first 911

ianramsden

Hey all...just put a £1k deposit down for my first 911 but wanted to check the deal with all the uncertainty around prices. Basically I'm buying it from an official Porsche dealer and it comes with warranty, full MOT and shouldn't need a service for 2 yrs. It's a C2S cabrio on 2005 56 plate with 37k miles. It's black with black interior and has the following fitted:

19 inch Carrera S wheel
Adaptive sports seats
BOSE Surround Sound System
CDC-4 six disc CD autochanger
Door entry guards in stainless steel
Heated seats
Navigation module for PCM
ParkAssist (parking aid rear)
Rear section of center console in Aluminium Look
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Telephone module
Tiptronic S
Windscreen with grey top tint

Price is £44,500...I know I could possible get one private for around £40k but that comes with uncertainty. There are also cheaper models in silver or blue but not the black/black colour combination I want. I can get out of the deposit I paid but if I want the car need to settle With Porshce within the week.

Any thoughts on the deal?

Personally, I think that's not too bad. The key being the fact that the car will have had the 110 point check and you get the OPC warrently (which is a good £1,300 if you were to purchase it independantly, assuming the car were to qualify for it).

I bought my C2S tip last month, which is an '05 plate for just below the price you're paying (the milage on mine is much less hence the similar price even though it's over a year older) - Of cource you're paying a higher price than through a private or indie, but you get the piece of mind from the OPC warrenty (in fact my warrenty is 18months as OPCs are now able to transfer any outstanding warrently balance from the previous owner onto you and then give you the 12months once this expires).
Cheers
Matt

Specs looks good but I have a quick question. Are you sure is a 2005 56 reg as that it cannot be. 56 reg is from September 2006 to Feb 2007. Just verify that....

I assume is the one at OPC Bolton. Just seen the pictures.... It looks great....
Price is a bit on the high as you can get similar cars from Indy or Private sellers closer to the 40K mark. Saying that you have the confort of the 1y warranty...so if you are confortable with the price and happy with the car then go for it...... I am sure you will enjoy it.. :D

sounds decent enough to me !

you are always going to find cheaper models around & from OPC you are always going to pay more.

I have had my car over a year now 997 C2S bought from OPC but I fell in love with the car/Colour.

I paid strong money but hey this is Porsche ownership and wait until you get behind the wheel or even a trackday !

good luck & I say go for it !

Black on black Cab is a great combo, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, congrats adn dont worry about the price just get as many freebies as you can, like first service for free?

Sounds like you picked the right weekend for cruising in a cab. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back