Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Golf Clubs in 997?

cowan3.6c

Trainee
Just out of interest, has anyone managed to fit a set of golf clubs in a 997? I think if the back seats were folded down and you could strap them in its a possibility... :dont know:

cowan3.6c said:
Just out of interest, has anyone managed to fit a set of golf clubs in a 997? I think if the back seats were folded down and you could strap them in its a possibility... :dont know:

Yes, that's where they fit

If you don't have a passenger, I just move the front passenger seat right back, then tilt back a tad then hey presto your golf bag base in the footwell and top of the bag into the seat + you can secure with the seatbelt.

I haven't tried getting them into the back seats but would imagine a bit tight feeding them past the front seats?

Also the golf club car park normally busy and to get them out of the rear seats you are going to need the doors fully opened.

Have to agree with Jamie - Putting them in the back is not only a pain in fitting them in past the front seats, but they also rattle around and can mark the rear seat bottoms.
Generally it's not ideal at the end of the day when they're wet & covered in mud, unless you have a full bag cover that you keep in the car for the journey back.

I've also bought a foldable (Dunlop) lightweight cart which whilst a little flimsey, folds up & fits into the boot (even managed to fit with ease into my previous 996 C4 boot).
Matt

Thanks for the reply guys, thought i'd ask before trying so that i never damaged my interior.
I'll give it a go next time i get the chance to get the sticks out :lol:

For my sins I play a lot of golf!!

As others mention the best place if you don't have a passenger is front seat / footwell combo!

They fit across the back seats perfectly too but you do have to be careful with damage to the back of the seats....a perfectly positioned towel and or sports bag stops the damage and the movement (especially when braking!)

This weekend I even managed to get a motorised powercaddy in the back (has it's own protective bag!) and still be able to see out of the rear window.

The car is perfect!!!!
L

use an Argos travel bag, put you clubs in that coz it's clean then they go in the back pretty easy. Driver has to come out tho (not me, the club)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back