Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cobalt Blue

Sparkchap

I have always had blue cars and cobalt blue to my mind looks fab but they seem to stick at the dealers. Before I shell out on a dream is there a problem in the eyes of the trade or the purists?!

Welcome to 911uk :bye:

Cobalt Blue is a great colour, on the 997 I think its one of the best colours.

What model you looking at ?

You need to follow your dreams...

Cobalt Blue is very fine colour indeed

Cobalt blue is my colour of choice in my current hunt for a 997...........

A bit of a marmite colour, as is metallic macadami . Either love or loathe, although not totally loathe

Looks good on a Turbo I would agree but in three years time?

Slightly a fashion colour which does age a car

But what would I know - seal grey Turbo S Cab coming . Playing safe or what!

I like blues, and I like Cobolt.

But, I do not think it works on a 997. Too informal and lacking in road presence, even on Turbo.

Looks OK on GT3 somehow.

Sorry, but to my eyes metallic marmite is just wrong. Roll on the Seventies!

When I was buying, cobalt was my preferred choice of colour - couldn't find one in the right spec anywhere - most dealers said it was a popular colour choice ( if you don't fancy artic silver of course !)

I really like cobalt. There is a lovely looking car listed in the ads on here (harbourcars) with aerokit and turbo wheels, think it looks amazing. I would buy it if I was looking!

Re: 997

Bieldside said:
A bit of a marmite colour...

...seal grey Turbo S Cab coming . Playing safe or what!
I never liked marmite and Cobalt doesn't do it for me, but plenty of people do seem to prefer it.

I'm with Bieldside on the Seal Grey though :thumb:

mjt54 said:
I really like cobalt. There is a lovely looking car listed in the ads on here (harbourcars) with aerokit and turbo wheels, think it looks amazing. I would buy it if I was looking!

Turbo wheels never did it for me until I saw this car (at harbourcars) and thought :thumbs: :thumbs: wow

I know Scott is looking for something similar but with no roof !

Cobalt was the reason I bought my car :thumb: :thumb:

although I also like the colour of my mates Turbo also & wheels !

what is this 993's colour ?

Attachments

• n661781626_1948267_8097999_803.jpg
    n661781626_1948267_8097999_803.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 6,066
  • n661781626_1305424_5327_136.jpg
    n661781626_1305424_5327_136.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 6,066
The hunt continues Jose......having dabbled with the idea of another grey car I think I have settled on a Cobalt Cab, just waiting for one to come along although there are a couple of prospects on the horizon at the moment, but nothing in time for the 'Ring, so Leon the Leon will make his debut :lol:

Cobalt blue would be my colour of choice - Especially after I saw Jose car in the flesh - Looks :thumb: :thumb:

Cobalt blue is a great colour. It is one of those funny ones where everyone has an opinion but shouldn't put you off!

cobalt blue

My 93 cobalt blue 964 still turns heads, but stick with a dark colour inside.. .. It will be great in any colour because its a Porsche!!!! :thumb

I think Cobalt blue is a great colour, and to prove it have a Boxster S in that colour, to go with my other toys. I dont see any downside to the colour at all in fact quite the opposite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back