Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Creaking front spring

daogle

Standard 997 has developed a creaking noise from Drivers front side. Sounds like a spring creaking. Afraid a bit of mechanical idiot so any ideas/solutions please.

Thanks in advance.

Hello

We have done alot of 997 cars for creaking and found that in most cases the top of the spring is touching the bearing cup as it has rubbed through the rubber supprt cup.

Mike

Thank for the reply. Is this an OPC job, indie or other garage? And i it unsafe to drive?

Creaking Front Spring

Mine seems to be creaking as well, be nice to know what the solloution is, ie opc/indy etc and cost involved...

Feedback

Passed by OPC yesterday and asked them to have a look at my front creaking, firstly they not heard of this issue mentioned in previous thread,

they inspected my car and concluded its the inner wing lining slighlty moving and no cause for concern, they suggetsed that next service call they can sort it,.

hope that helps

Took the car to a mechanic last week. Good friend so although not indie or opc knew he would look after the car. He lubricated parts of the shock absorber which he said looked dried out. Apologies for not knowing exactly which parts but the noise has now gone.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back