Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie, 2 questions about 997

Saladin

Hy guys,

well since couple of days i have bought 911 997 C4S with direct injection engine. I was wandering, cos my previous cars was M3 e36 and e46 and i have never expiriance this feeling, when im going into corners with 911 i feel something strange going on my rear end where thi engine is, like something kicks my rear end out of the corner, this is hard to notice but i thing it could be the way this boxer engines work (cilinders), so im asking myself is this normal or what?

second thing is how long do you keep oil in engine after you buy new car?

thanks a lot!

I think what you are experiencing is the normal trait of a 911, but it's difficult to say. It is a "totally" different experience to the M3's you've had previously. Slow in, fast out they say. It takes a little time to get used to but when you do, smiles al round I think. ;)

As for oil changes, I changed mine when new in the first few thousand miles (just to clear out any rubbish that had culminated from a new engine) and have to date changed it every 10,000 thereafter...

edit

Do you have PDK? I was just thinking. Chris Harris mentioned an issue with the PDK when cornering in that you got an aggressive, almost dangerous kick in the back from the gear change when in sport mode and taking a bend quickly. I'll see if I can find the review.

Found it here. http://www.drivers-republic.com/dr_tv/index.cfm?videoid=b81b7711222a45d0b7ff94c70969641a&area=videos

Go to 6 mins in, but apparently the shove doesn't happen round corners as there is some form of inertia switch which stoops this so it isn't that...lol

thanks!

no, i have manual gearbox, i have seen this video with Chris but this is different, ... when my car is in neutral and the engine is working, i feel he is moving left and right, this is hard to notice but maybe this is normal, i suppose :), and this thing on corners is also strange, but i have made just 1.000 kilometars so after i make more i will have more details.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back