Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retrofit Gen 2 PSE ?Group buy

herbie911

Im planning to retrofit the PSE. The cost almost put me off but i do not really want an aftermarket SE. My heart always rule my head, I had already put a deposit down!

Obviously if my local OPC can fit a few in one go, they will able to give us a decent discount! Just wonder whether anyone here interested in a group buy?

A louder pipe at the back i.e porsche sports exhaust :D

Theo

The PSE gives you noise, but not a lot in terms of added power or improved fuel economy.
A full sports exhaust is really the only way to be totally satisfied, but if you want to hold onto a Porsche Extended Warranty which is probably wise for all with Gen 1 997s, then it has to be a Porsche System, so probable the PSE is the only way to go, fitted by an OPC to be safe (Warranty implication if question about people who fitted).
While my experience is that you can get "bulk" deals with an Independent, I think you are less likely to be able to do this with an OPC, mainly I believe because of their standardised accounting systems.
But give it a go.
Regards Big Bob

herbie911 said:
Im planning to retrofit the PSE. The cost almost put me off but i do not really want an aftermarket SE. My heart always rule my head, I had already put a deposit down!

Obviously if my local OPC can fit a few in one go, they will able to give us a decent discount! Just wonder whether anyone here interested in a group buy?

Where is your local OPC? Do you have a price?

I would be interested in this!

I have been waiting since I got my 4S in December 08 for the retrofit parts to become available. I have been told by my Service Centre (Chiswick) that the part numbers are still not available - this was last week.

Please let me know if you have more info as the 'sound' really is the only disappointing thing about the car!

Cheers!
L

Please see the link below. I was told the cost includes 6hours labour. Not sure whether it will be cheaper if one got sport chrono already!
http://www.porsche.com/all/uk/?bolton click news!!!
I used them before and their customer service is second to none.
I expressed my interest more than a month ago and they rung me and quote me the price on the day when the exhaust was released!

The cost for the Gen1 997 as negotiated by Fraserb with OPC Colchester for a group buy of 6+ installations was £1350 including fitting, VAT and a courtesy 911 for the day (I got a C4) or collection/delivery.

I think OPC East London were also willing to do the same deal, but came in too late.

The contact at Colchester was Mike Stebbings

I could well be interested here, depending on the OPC we use.

i might also be interested depending upon price and porsche dealership,
thanks

Evil_C said:
The cost for the Gen1 997 as negotiated by Fraserb with OPC Colchester for a group buy of 6+ installations was £1350 including fitting, VAT and a courtesy 911 for the day (I got a C4) or collection/delivery.

I think OPC East London were also willing to do the same deal, but came in too late.

The contact at Colchester was Mike Stebbings
Don't think anyone will do that price for a Gen 2 997. I was told there are only 40 Gen2 PSE being imported into UK. Pm me for details. If we get enough no., Im sure we can do a deal with this OPC.!

I'm interested if it's in London/South East. Mine's a 996 C2 though, no idea if the PSE for it is different to the 997 one.

Hi,

Just to let you guys +gals know that I had retrofitted my PSE2 to my Gen2 C2S after waiting for 2 months for the parts to arrive :nooo:
I had also change my engine oil and added a performance air filter from BMC.

Am I happy with my purchase? :D

The exhaust sounds more aggressive esp. when one just switch on the engine and flooring it beyond 4000rpm is motoring orgasm. At last turning the ignition key become a special event just like some Italian sportscar! I think it will sounds even better in a multistorey carpark or tunnels!

The only daft thing about the system is at light throttle, it sounds no difference to the standard exhaust--it is still too quiet even with the window down.

Don't know why they bother with the switch as most owner will leave it on all the time! :wink:

In summary, Im happy with my purchase. Although I cannot feel any performance difference to this mod; the driving experience was enhanced without jeopardising my warranty. The fact that I got a decent discount from my local opc who also put a layer of Swissvax on my car when I pick it up just add icing on the cake.

My project 997 will be complete when the Powerkit ibecome available for retrofitting in november! (Got an email from Porsche Exclusive from Germany) Its going to be an agonising wait!

Herbie911 - I assume from your post you aren't aware of the unplug option that makes exhaust permanently loud? See other posts on this subject.

Group buy? Why not just get out there and negotiate your best deal? I paid a lower price that any so called group discount. Never been quite sure of the logic behind this approach. It's a bit like the PCGB 10% members discount - great if you are too lazy to haggle, but pretty poor compared to the results of negotiation and building a supplier relationship.

I suspect that in these tough times an individual approach will yield far better results, particularly in terms of margin erosion.

Get off your backsides, stop typing nonsense in to this thread and get out there and negotiate with an OPC/supplier who wants your business and can build a relationship.

(I work in Procurement, so please don't come back at me with explanations of why group buying works!).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back