Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Insurance - after Year 1

SBM20080426

Silverstone
The last 12 months was my first year on 993 Insurance (with Allianz thro' A Manning). I just had my Insurance renewal through and it's virtually the same as last year. I've made no claims and everyone I spoke to 12 months ago, including A Manning, explained to me that my first year in a high performance car would attract a much higher premium than subsequent years.

Has anyone else had the same experience? - or has anyone found that their 2nd year & beyond really were cheaper?

(I'm paying about £550 for fully comp, with £500 excess, for 7,000 miles per year, which probably isn't bad, but I just expected this year to be less than last.)

Wow, you're on a great deal IMHO. Enjoy!!:thumb:

My first year, same story about experience etc, NU was iirc £2400!! Second year came down to £1400 and then third year switched to A Plan and now £555.

I switched from A Manning to A-Plan (site sponsor) and saved 20%, worth a try.

I think you are on a good deal. The manning policy also includes trackday cover which many don't.

I think the only way you are going to make a significant saving is to go for a "Classic" type policy which will restrict your mileage and also means you have to garage the car.

pp

I'm on admiral multicar for my 95 C2, £290 fully comp with 12 years no claims, 8000 miles, £250 excess, domestic and commuting, got to keep her locked in a garage overnight. I do pay them another £400 for a Golf GTI an Cavalier SRi though and am 34!

I'm wondering now if I got a great deal or whether I got a stupid deal? Opinions? :roll:

Alien Ghost,
..........sounds to me like you've got a bl**dy great deal - I'm more than 10 years older than you!

(& with my policy, mine has to be garaged between 10pm-6am when the car is at home - but it does include track day cover, albeit on a higher excess..)

Presumably you need more than one car insured by them to get a deal like this?

Yes...my multicar policy is for three cars, but me at the girlfriend insured fully comp on all three. It also doesn't cover track day, and I think if you lose the no claims on one car, you might lose the no claims on all three, but given that I have 16 years without a claim and protected no claims, I figured it was a risk worth taking!

Presumably they spread the risk knowing that I can't be in both cars at the same time, so yes, less than £300 for my first porker to insure for a year...I was impressed! On the phone they even tried to sell me personal injury Insurance for £10 a head...I don't normally get those things but on this occasion weakened and said OK, and they immediately replied with "Because you took that out and you have two other cars with us, we'd like to reduce your policy by a further £40".

I guess I must have caught them at year end when they needed to get as many sales as possible!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back