Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster creaky suspension

Stuart Middleton

Hi all,

I've got a horrible creaking sound coming from both front wheels. I'm guessing it's something to do with the suspension. It has been there for years but is now embarrassingly loud. It seems to be worse when the car or the weather is warm.

Feeling around the wheel while someone bounces up and down on the front wing it seems to be originating from one of the lower arms or joints. I'm therefore suspecting one of the bushes. Has anyone else experienced this and have fixed it?

I'm reluctant to take it to the local Porsche dealership mainly because they're terrible and partly because I'm not a rich man and don't fancy paying £600 for £60 worth of rubber and a few hours labour.

Can anyone help? It's embarrassing more than anything :)

Thanks

My C4s does the same, I am happy with the ride but creaky noise at low speed getting on my nerves. I did see a note the other month on here where someone had WD40'd the rubbers and the noise had disappeared.
Thats what I plan to do before I start taking things apart to be replaced.

Due to the set up, there are quite a lot of bushes that could be at fault, I certainly don't want to invest time and money in the wrong ones.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back