Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indoor Cover for 997 C2 with Aero Kit??

james35

I purchased my 997 C2 about 2 months ago and I am fortunate to have a garage to store my new toy. However, it is always covered in dust :?

I have looked on various websites at covers but none of them tell me if the cover will fit a 997 C2 with an Aero Kit!

Can anyone give me any advice??

I would be very grateful

Many Thanks

James

buy one for a GT3, that should work.

Wet your garage floor with water, then brush out and sweep up all the dust that's been collected. You should find that when you park the car again in the garage, the dust will collect much more slowly.

I did the above 2 weeks ago. Makes for a cleaner looking garage too.

~ Maxie

Porsche part no. 997 044 000 05

My work here is done...

Maxie said:
Wet your garage floor with water, then brush out and sweep up all the dust that's been collected. You should find that when you park the car again in the garage, the dust will collect much more slowly.

I did the above 2 weeks ago. Makes for a cleaner looking garage too.

~ Maxie

Maxie, could you come round my garage and show me how it's done :)

Maybe G could add garage floor cleaning to his menu :floor:

Pete

Forget washing the floor, just brush damp grass cuttings (or other damp macro fibres, like saw-dust or even tea-leaves - if you drink 25 cups a day) around floor.

Sprinkle the cuttings etc generally evenly around the garage then brush up making sure you brush the cuttings over the entire surface.

The tiny dust and grit will stick to the cuttings.

Dump cuttings in bin.

Voilà , no more dust (until more blows in)

Also, what is wrong with a (clean) king-size bed sheet?

I know it's not as pretty as tailored cover with crest etc, but then it ain't 250-300 squid.

Also, you could treat her to satin or silk, or with the change, the missus!

i've found a mix of pva glue and water painted on the concrete floor works a treat. think its 5:1 mix, water to pva. when dry you'll not notice a visual difference to the floor, but it does stop the fine concrete/brick dust from developing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back