Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can anyone help to identify my '73 RS?

Arrut Navaraj

Hi,
I live in Thailand and bought a '73 RS chassis# 9113601503 engine# 6631471. I've done some research and it was imported to Thailand in light green. What I don't know is that was it originally a rhd or lhd? It's now a rhd but it's had many owners and Thailand is a rhd country so it could have been converted at some point. Is there a way to tell from the car detail or VIN?
Many thanks,
Arrut

Hi, yes it's mine, give it back please! :grin:

Can't porsche (UK, EU or US) advise on the original records of your car :?:

james
:thumb:

Arrut Navaraj said:
Hi,
I live in Thailand and bought a '73 RS chassis# 9113601503 engine# 6631471. I've done some research and it was imported to Thailand in light green. What I don't know is that was it originally a rhd or lhd? It's now a rhd but it's had many owners and Thailand is a rhd country so it could have been converted at some point. Is there a way to tell from the car detail or VIN?
Many thanks,
Arrut

i've had a look in the RS bible (Gruber + Konradsheim Carrera RS book) the engine/chassis numbers match and the car was originally delivered to it's first owner in Thailand (built june '73) as a model designation 472 (touring) painted light green with options of 258 (head restraints front) 423 (outside mirror, drivers side) and 482 (engine compartment light) - i'm afraid it does not detail whether it was built lhd or rhd and i don't know if u can tell from the VIN plate.

enjoy !

Is it not safe to assume that on the basis its first owner was in Thailand then it is highly likely that it was RHD. :dont know:

Is it not possible to tell from the position of the bonnet release? I'm no expert on the pre-89 cars but on all later cars the bonnet release is always on the driver's side. When a car is converted I would guess the bonnet release is always left original.

Dave

Yup Sorry correct address is

www.ddk-online.com

Thats the trouble when you bookmark sites , you never typr in th eaddress.

Martyn

Computamedic said:
Is it not possible to tell from the position of the bonnet release? I'm no expert on the pre-89 cars but on all later cars the bonnet release is always on the driver's side. When a car is converted I would guess the bonnet release is always left original.

Dave

Seem to recall that my '89 930cab had the luggage compartment release on the left; don't think they ever got moved on pre 964 cars although I noticed the other day that the fuel filler in on the drivers side on the 997 (which means I can now apply for my anorac!),

Sounds like someone has bought a rare old 911. I'd have thought the factory was the place to start with the enquiries. I'm told they can be very helpful but couldn't say whether you'd best start with the museum or historic servicing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back