Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

URGENT PLEASE - will 996 spacesaver fit a 997 turbo?

tedzwedz

Suzuka
is there any reason anyone can think of why it wont?

thanks for help, urgently need to know!

Edward

The usual caveat with wheels is : does it clear the brakes. IIRC the 997 Turbo is 6 pistons for a 350mm disk, so if it fits a 996 GT2 or GT3 then it will definitely fit, otherwise the best I can offer is 'probably'. AFAIK - none of these cars had one as standard though.

ETA - if the 996 Turbo S (PCCB as standard, same caliper size as the others) had a spare, then the answer would be yes. I think it did, but someone who knows better would need to confirm).

Disco said:
The usual caveat with wheels is : does it clear the brakes. IIRC the 997 Turbo is 6 pistons for a 350mm disk, so if it fits a 996 GT2 or GT3 then it will definitely fit, otherwise the best I can offer is 'probably'. AFAIK - none of these cars had one as standard though.

ETA - if the 996 Turbo S (PCCB as standard, same caliper size as the others) had a spare, then the answer would be yes. I think it did, but someone who knows better would need to confirm).

cheers mate, good point!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back