Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cold air induction kit and filter

doctorlanning

Silverstone
would like some guidance regarding cold air induction kits and filters...can, and do, they make a noticable difference? i have seen them on the porschesop website and am interested in purchasing however am keen to hear from anyone who has ventured down this path...car is gen 1 997 c2s
merci

I fitted the fab Speed System from the Porsche Shop on my 996 Carrera 2 and it made a good contribution to improving performance and fuel economy 8)
The only piece of advice I would give is do not I repeat do not "oil" the filter in any circumstances. Because any particles of oil that get drawn on the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) will give you an Orange Cel Light which your OPC will have to switch off as well as getting the MAF cleaned. The smallest drop of oil that gets on the "hot" cross wires in the sensor changes the resistance and up comes the cel light.
If you car is still covered by a Porsche Extended Warranty, fitting the Air System will preclude you renewing the warranty at the renewal when you now have to go through the 111 point check before starting the new generation Warranty scheme .

But the system works well and for me fitting a REVO upgrade, a Supersprint complete sports exhaust (Manifolds Cats & Mufflers) and the Fab Speed Cold Air Intake transformed the car! All parts supplied and fitted by the Porsche Shop.

Regards Big Bob :bye:

I know this is a 997 thread, but I have the CAI on my 996 and it does make a great sound. Louder and more complex from tickover with a fantastic howl after 4k.

I have the full conversion removing the resonance chamber from the post filter side and hence allowing unhindered airflow across the full filter surface and on throttle opening instantaneous access to about an extra litre of post filter air even before the engine starts pulling air through the filter.

With a highflow filter and engine remap it certainly adds useful power and driveability.

As mentioned don't use a fully oiled cloth (K&N panel filter). I lightly oiled mine then left it wrapped in kitchen paper for a few days to wick the excess oil out.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back