Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gremlins

speedy_un

Spa-Francorchamps
A couple of months back I collected the car from OPC Hatfield following coil pack replacement & RMS (second in less than 6 months), and when I unlocked the car and got in I noticed that the offside (drivers) mirror was going up and down, all on it's own. I had not even put the key in the ignition. It only stopped when I got out of the car and locked it again (in fact I may have actually stopped it myself by hand!).

I went straight back to the service desk and explained what had happened, whereby I received a shrug and was advised it may have been the car resetting itself?!?!

It didn't happen again, so I left.

Then, a few weeks ago I unlocked the car, didn't even get in, and heard the nearside (passenger) mirror doing the same thing. Up and down, up and down. It stopped when I re-locked the car.

Then, last Friday I got in the car, noticed that the seat had not returned to my position, went to press the button and NOTHING. Started cursing the girlfriend for fiddling with the settings, started the engine, fiddled with the seat adjustment buttons and eventually it went into my position.

Went in to ask the lady if she had noticed anything funny, and she said it had happened to her when she tried to select her seat setting, and that after a while it started to work again.

BIZARRE.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the seat/mirror/memory function.

Anyone else have this happen, and any diagnosis before I get OPC to have a look - I ask because I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those 'we can't seem to find anything' scenarios?

Have also noticed something creaks/clunks in the seat back when I put my weight on it - in the centre of the seat, like something is moving in there - probably no connection - more like one of the springs moving in the seat back - irritating more than anything else.

Indeed it does sound like something to do with the memory function given the two are related and I assume linked to the keys. I don't have the memory seats / mirror.

I think you need to give them a call and explain the two errors which might make more sense now you have two linked issues.

speedy_un said:
Have also noticed something creaks/clunks in the seat back when I put my weight on it - in the centre of the seat, like something is moving in there - probably no connection - more like one of the springs moving in the seat back - irritating more than anything else.

cut down on the gummy bears :D

I suggest speedy_un that you take the car back and ask them to put their best diagnostic technician on it, and get him to verify the affected system circuits.
Regards Big Bob :bye:

They're called Goldbaren, and I don't eat them in the same quantities as before! :wack:

Will get the car checked when it's in for it's 2 yearly condition check.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back