Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Boxster options list

slice

I am currently trying to figure out how much the car will actually cost after options. Was wondering what people suggest are vital options.

I think I'll go for:
-PDK
-Cruise control
-Heated seats
-Wind deflector
-New alloys

any suggestions?

Sat Nav?
Which type of Alloys?
PSE if this is an option?
Colour?

Are you going for a Boxster SE? Or the 550 Spyder? Has some lovely additions over and above the standard 987.

~ Maxie

:welcome:

is there an option for the extra 2 seats in the rear :?: :?:

if there is, then go for that :thumb:

Thanks for the welcomes. I have been on the build your car. I was just interested to see if people had regretted adding some options / orleaving others off their cars.

I was thinking either guards red, metor grey. Something to be said about aqua blue or Black also! The 17" cayman wheels i think. Extra £233! Dont think I'll go with Sat Nat, I tend to know where I'm going - or would it boost the Re-sale?

As for the extra 2 seats, thats an extra 30K! One day definately, but I have to start somewhere!

Really cant decide betwee boxster and cayman. I dont see the extra value in the cayman. Ordinarily a convertable car is more expensive than a coupe. I understand that the cayman is not a bosxter coupe, but what do you gain from owning a cayman over a boxster?

Any help would be appreciated!

I take it you're going for the 2.9 model? Don't go for 17" wheels - they look tiny on a 987. I have seen very few 987s with 17" wheels; almost everyone has had them upgraded to the Boxster S type wheels. Sat Nav will boost the resale value a little bit but will make your car easier to shift at re-sale because the majority of other Boxsters don't have this. Colour of course is a personal choice but I don't like 987s/986s in GR. On the other hand, Meteor Grey rocks!

I am sure there are forum threads about discussing the Cayman vs Boxster thing but I've not seen one on here. With the Cayman, you will get a better handling car as there is no body flex as you would get with the Boxster (it's quite minimal in the convertible anyway). In my eyes, the Boxster looks nicer than the Cayman and would get my vote.

~ Maxie

For me i would always go for the Boxster S over the Cayman. As you, i cant see the point of spending more, when they are the same car nearly, and you can put the roof down!... Iv bought the new S, and picked it up on the 1st March. As you can see from my pics, i used to have the Gen 1 S. All i can say is the new one is alot better! The sound and the response with the new direct fuel injection engine is very good. This new engine is only in the S though and not the 2.9..... Also remember the Road Tax is around £220 on the S, with the new engine..... Options, well i guess this is up to you. I had the 19" Carrera 2 alloys...I wouldn't go for smaller then 18" to be honest.... i also went for the Bluetooth App and this is the best option i have ever had....I think this option was around £450 and well worth it.... Didnt go for SatNav, as i would never use it.. This will only add 1k to your re-sell so iv been told by a number of OPC's....

phil.

Thanks guys. Some good info there. Now that they have upgraded the engine from a 2.7 to a 2.9, I'm wondering if this will be powerfull enough for me. It will be my first decently powered car and so I think maybe the entry level will be quick enough. I'm assuming they won't mind me having a spin in both before I buy. I'm afraid then, if i do try the S out, I'll end up buying one, and increasing the running costs. But I suppose if its worth it, it doesnt matter.

Anyone else had a similar dilemma?

Just my 2c.

Unless you have money to burn, and im guessing not by your posts wrt resale options. Why are you buying new? There are some great bargains to be had out there right now and Im sure any OPC will be only too keen to discount stock they have on the forecourt. Yes you may compromise on some options but the savings could be huge.

A new S is starting price £39K

whilst first search I did found this
http://ucl.porsche.de/ucl/plsql/uk/...FA6C94A1E5CEF32792A384&pnr_=2&lnr_=5&caller_=

at £6K less with 5K miles 18inch wheels PCM etc....BEFORE you do any negotiating!

Hello

If it was me, i would always go for the S. Main reason are -

1. Lower tax
2. New Engine
3. Lower Insurance, due to the new engine (Was for me anyway)
4. Would you always be wondering what if, if you saw another S pass you?
5. More Power , better sound
6. Its the S!
7. Red Calipers
8. Better Re-sell?!

phil

Yeah fair comment about the used car.

For that 6k, I suppose you get piece of mind that you're the only driver of the car, and no one has mis-treated the car before you. You also get a year more warranty from new as opposed to a Porsche approved used?

How is the S lower tax than the 'non S"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back