Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Classic Car Insurance ?

caleyboy

Does anyone insure their 993 under a classic car policy ? Need to use the no claims on other cars that are used more regularly so this might be my answer. Any good companies out there ?

caleyboy said:
Does anyone insure their 993 under a classic car policy ? Need to use the no claims on other cars that are used more regularly so this might be my answer. Any good companies out there ?

I pay £363 classic.Without going through the paperwork not sure who with.
PM Me if u think thats a good rate & I will fish it out for You :thumb:

I pay £360 or thereabouts with Classic Line Insurance + agreed value. Highly recommend them.

sutchy said:
I pay £360 or thereabouts with Classic Line Insurance + agreed value. Highly recommend them.

+1

Otherwise I think Admiral or Churchill (or one of the two) do a dual car policy - one set of NCB, two cars.

Mmmm interesting, mines up for renewal next month, cheers guys.

I've just got some quotes, makes interesting reading, well for me.

Classic line - £351 max mileage 5000miles. This is there Classic policy, and there seems to be heavy fines for running over that amount, and if you do run over 5k miles without realising you are only insured 3rd party. Their normal private policy is a whopping £997.

Hagerty Insurance - I didn't get a quote from them as they only do Insurance for policies under 6000miles. I cannot see me keeping under that amount, I will be doing 3000miles in June on a Euro trip. And to be honest if I am only doing 5-6k a year then I am hardly using the car, so why have it?

A-Plan - £550 with 10kmiles, and they are working on getting it cheaper. I'll see what they come back with.

A-Plan came back with £529, but..............

I called Performance direct who said £660. Then I went to GoCompare and the cheapest just happend to be Performance Direct at a scarsely beleiveable £335. Big difference huh? :dont know:

So I called Performance Direct again to see what was going on, and with comparing both my quotes from them, like for like, it is now £410, from £335. And down from £660.

Main differences changed from the Gocompare to calling them direct are adding one named driver, the alarm to factory fitted, not Cat 1, and adding legal cover. And importantly changing car from Carrera 2 to Carrera 2S (which wasn't on Gocompare list).

They say the policy is now identical and is cheaper due to new March pricing (still think its weird), and £250 cheaper, bonus :D.

Also its NCB protected. And being not a lot more than the best Classic Insurance means I can run a lot more miles, and keep my NCB running :D

So gocompare works, and well too. Who would have thought?? :dont know: not me!!

Insurance

If you do not use the car during the winter try Privilege you can unsure for a year and stop after 6 months then carry over for the next year.

errr what happens if someone nicks your car during the winter period?

chillbrazil said:
For a nominal sum insure for theft only in locked garage.

:eh!: Hope there's no fire :hand:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back