Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Saved some £ with Confused.com

Maxie

Yas Marina
Just got my renewal quote for the Targa from A-Plan and they are after £560, which was same as last year. Was reasonably happy with that....until I did what Confused.com have been telling us to do from watching their adverts! Elephant.co.uk is offering me like for like cover for just £360! Bargain or what? Even Admiral came close with £374.

Suggest you all have a look if you're renewing pretty soon.

~ Maxie 8)

Maxie have you spoken to A Plan again to see if they can match or explain why the difference, only that small policy details can make a big difference.

But if you're happy and they can't do anymore thats a great saving mate! Perhaps even mention 911uk? :thumb:

Confused.com don't do 'Ring Insurance do they :sad: , struggling at the mo cos A-Plan don't and guess who I'm with :?:

Pete

Chris - you're right about contacting them - I ought to do that just to make sure if they can match the quote. Was just thinking that for a £200 difference they would unlikely to be able to.

Pete - my existing A-Plan policy does not cover me for any tracks whatsoever. You might want to start looking at a different broker who can.

~ Maxie

I was insured with Elephant a few years ago. I don't want to go into details (PM me if you like), but lets just say that I would never even consider using them again - even if they were half the price of my current insurer.

- Steve

PM sent.

~ Maxie :?:

Insurance companies are difficult ones, cheapest is not always the best. God forbid you have an accident can be a lot harder to get your money out of them and get the right money out of them as well, also look at vandalism cover and the like as well.

On another note you could try greenlight Insurance, they insure my current car whilst looking for a 911 it includes some track day cover. One thing I would say is that they don't cover all areas and or manufacturers so you'd have to check

chappers said:
On another note you could try greenlight Insurance, they insure my current car whilst looking for a 911 it includes some track day cover. One thing I would say is that they don't cover all areas and or manufacturers so you'd have to check

Greenlight exclude all Porsche except Boxters :x

Stuart said:
chappers said:

Greenlight exclude all Porsche except Boxters :x

Looks like I'll have to change companies then :sad:

theno23 said:
I was insured with Elephant a few years ago. I don't want to go into details (PM me if you like), but lets just say that I would never even consider using them again - even if they were half the price of my current insurer.

- Steve

Same here!

Admiral, their sister Co. are miles better and get my vote!

Taran :bandit:

Re: Saved £200 with Confused.com

Maxie said:
Just got my renewal quote for the Targa from A-Plan and they are after £560, which was same as last year. Was reasonably happy with that....until I did what Confused.com have been telling us to do from watching their adverts! Elephant.co.uk is offering me like for like cover for just £360! Bargain or what? Even Admiral came close with £374.

Suggest you all have a look if you're renewing pretty soon.

~ Maxie 8)

Hello Maxie

Who did you go with in the end, was it through GoCompare?

And how did there two quoted policies compare?

As I did the GoCompare thing and Performance Direct came up cheapest at £446 last week, yesterday I did it again and it came back even cheaper at £335. And this compares to me ringing them and doing an over the phone quote which came back at a much higher £660. Bizarre....

So I am rather confused. Maybe I'll go try confused.com :pc: :floor:

Incidentally A-plan came in at £530, direct, but a no show on gocompare.

Right, I've been on the phone to Performance Direct, and with comparing both my quotes from them, like for like, it is now £410, from £335.

Main differences changed from the Gocompare to calling direct quote are adding one named driver, the alarm to factory fitted, not Cat 1, and adding legal cover. And importantly changing car from Carrera 2 to Carrera 2S (which wasn't on Gocompare list).

They say the policy is now identical, and £250 cheaper, bonus :D. Also its NCB protected. And being not a lot more than the best Classic Insurance means I can run a lot more miles, and keep my NCB running

Hi Mrk. On the advice of others, I have decided to stay with A-Plan. They drastically cut their premium to £400 all in. Still £40 more than Elephant.co.uk but it seems they are the safer bet after hearing some not so nice stories about the cheaper company and some good ones for the more expensive one. Clare at A-Plan is the girl to speak to and she'll do her best to beat any other quotes out there. By the way, she asked me to mention her name on the forum in case you guys are wanting to contact A-Plan.

~ Maxie :thumb:

Nice result Maxxie.

I am now staying with my old broker who insured my highly modified 520 horse Evo9, as he brought my renewal down too £400, and I know after a few years with him he is totally trust worthy. Like you say its not just the premium that matters.

If anyone else wants a great Insurance broker, contact Christian Wheatley at Keith Michaels Insurance. His direct line is 0208 288 0677.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back