Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxter Windows don't shut!

ianpereira

Hi. My friends 97 boxter has an odd problem. When the roof is up the windows only shut half way. Once you bring the windows down they don't go back up. Also the roof light in the dash has come on. Have checked the switches and motor and they seem to work.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?.

ianpereira said:
Hi. My friends 97 boxter has an odd problem. When the roof is up the windows only shut half way. Once you bring the windows down they don't go back up. Also the roof light in the dash has come on. Have checked the switches and motor and they seem to work.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?.

Don't have any ideas, but may be worth looking on here

http://www.boxa.net/forum/

Probably the micro switch in the hood where the latch goes acting up. Prodding in there with a pencil might free it up.

Also check with the roof fully down (dash light off) that the windows work normally.

p.s. I'll move this to the other porsche models section as you might get more info there (but boxa.net is your best bet for boxsters).

Really common complaint, it is usually (90%) the wiring on the header rail on the passenger side leading upto the micro switch. Most of the time, as soon as you start undoing the screws securing the visor it all starts working again.

At the moment the control unit thinks that the roof handle is pulled back thus dropping the windows by 3" to protect the seals / glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back