Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Next Porsche

anawaz

Montreal
My Next Porsche?
Has to be GenerationII Targa 4S
Well that's the plan anyway - watch this space...

Anyone with nice pics pls pls post

sram said:
and your 993.......? :)
:roll: between me you and the 997 folks she's gonna have to go :sad:

looks like i've been rumbled by 993 folk. It's like being followed when you own one of them. There's no denying it though for me - the genII is a better looking car than 993, and i plead with the moderator not to shift this post across to 993 cuz cries of trator and all that... :roll:

I'm with you on this one AJ...

Out of my reach at the moment, but 997 C4S is at least a match for 993 styling outside and no contest inside! Most importantly for me though is the extra 100 bhp, advanced suspension design, and PDK if I could afford it - awesome gearbox!

I would have to do something about the ride quality though :?: Maybe retro-fit 18" wheels and find a seat that is more comfortable than the example I drove.

I really really like the 997 Targa... lovely car for all day, everyday, sunny day use 8)

Great choice, especially with the gen2 improvements :thumb:

Can't for the life of me understand why porsche restricted the targa to 4wd only thus diminishing part of the major practical advabtage enjoyed over the rest of the 911 range.

Ditto the wide chrome strips where drip rails used to go - I reckon they'd be much better with an anodised type finish (This comment is a bit on the picky side!).

Other than that, ace car.

Peter

northpole said:
Can't for the life of me understand why porsche restricted the targa to 4wd only thus diminishing part of the major practical advabtage enjoyed over the rest of the 911 range.

Ok, so you lose a tiny amount of luggage space with 4WD (boot volume is very similar in both, but a less practical shape in a C4, but in every other aspect 4WD IS more practical for everyday 'real World' use.

However, Targa is substantially heavier than coupe versions, so I guess that Porsche thought that the 'purists' in terms of handling that go for 2WD wouldn't want the extra weight of the Targa chassis? :?:

I suppose another advantage of going to the 997 is you do not need the man with the red flag to walk in front of you as with the more elderly 993 :shooter:

Regards to all 993 owners
Big Bob :bye:

PolarExpress said:
I really really like the 997 Targa... lovely car for all day, everyday, sunny day use 8)

Great choice, especially with the gen2 improvements :thumb:

Adrien,

That is a great signature Pic.. :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back