Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyers for summer, 30 degree +

Saladin

Hy guys!

Well i need set of tyers for summer, i got my new C4S but i would like to have new set of tyers for hot summer, i like to drive fast and need something good, any suggestions? thanks.

You should keep an eye on the pressures in hot weather. If your running for instance 40psi in the rears in normal temperatures, say 20 Deg. then driving spiritedly in 30+ Deg heat, like on a track for instance will have the pressure rise considerably. 10psi in 5 miles or so. This extra 10psi will wreck your tyres if you continue.

My PS2's held up really well in 30 Deg heat on normal roads, but on the track it didn't take them long at all to lose grip and become unsafe.

As a matter of Interest, what is the normal road use tyre pressure ?

Depends on the tyre. But on my C2S the cold pressures are -

Fronts 235x35x19 are 33psi
Rears 295x30x19 are 39psi

ResB said:

thanks dude. so what do you suggest about pressure ? 33 & 39 or?

Saladin said:
ResB said:

thanks dude. so what do you suggest about pressure ? 33 & 39 or?

IMO I would just stick with the standard pressures for your tyres and what ever your manual says. I have yet to experience any problems with tyres not performing on the road in hot weather. Mind you Hot and UK don't necessarily go together....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back