Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S on Icy slopes-it works!

mrmoto88

Trainee
Have been discovering whether the Porker can do ice, its my daily driver hence just leaving it in 1st and letting the ABS/PASM do the work its possible to get down the hill without losing it on just summer tyres. Back up slightly trickier but the PASM has helped-most impressed. :thumb: House is on the right

Attachments

• cimg3187_406.jpg
    cimg3187_406.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 2,148
Good man - used as intended! :worship:

If it's icy, rather than deep snow, I always use my C4 rather than my Trooper 4x4 - much more stable and more grip (on ice you want the biggest contact patch possible if you haven't got studs).

I was wishing I had a C4 after failing to make it up the hill (if you can call it that) to my gym. Combination of icy surface, speed bump (losing momentum) and increase in gradient left the car not moving with the TC cutting all power. Tried TC off (wheels just spun), took a run off (no good), even tried reversing before calling it a day.

I've been in the Convertible all week...Quattro power! Who says you can't get the tail sliding in an Audi...? :hand:

Taran :bandit:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back