Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SatNav - Where's the Post Code?

royd999

So far, I haven't been able to find an option to enter a destination post code. The only choices seem to be Town, Street and Coordinates.

(Don't know about you, but I'm not into Latitude/Longitude).

The '05 997 C2S came with an unofficial copy of the DVD after the PPI pointed out that the original one didn't load. The disc says it's PCM 2.1 (I think).

So where should I go to enter post codes?

Post code entry (or part thereof) didn't come out until the 2006 model year. If you have a 2005 year model then I'm afraid you are stuck with the same system as was fitted to the 996 PCM 2 equipped cars. Btw, are you sure you have PCM 2.1? I think the 2.1 release was with the 2006 MY.

~ Maxie

I have 57 997 and I can't find it either. Am I being stupid? How can you tell what version PCM it is?

If you have partial postcode search you just start to input the postcode in the town section. The PCM will automatically recognise it as a postcode as you select each character....it only does 5 letter searches though, not 7!

I must have the 06 MY disc. When I followed ResB's suggestion, it happily resolved the Major postcode.

Cheers!

Very few cars have full postcode search I'm afraid - even the new Mercedes HDD system only resolves 5 digit postcodes IIRC.

Only the Denso systems do 7 digit postcodes as far as I'm aware (talking OEM here), so that's Lexus, Toyota, Land Rover, Jaguar and (I think Volvo).

I guess it's not important anywhere else in the World, so unless GB is a really major target market, why bother?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back